British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   It's all over! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/its-all-over-657304/)

blackburn lass Mar 1st 2010 9:09 pm

It's all over!

OH has just called me from NZ and he has been refused a work permit:frown::( So he is coming home, leaving tomorrow and will arrive here on saturday.

It will be strange to have im home after 6 months.:thumbsup:

Anyway thanks everyone for your help and support in the last year and Good luck

Dawn X

TeamEmbo Mar 1st 2010 9:12 pm

Re: It's all over!

OMG! How awful for him/you. What reason did they give for refusing a work permit? Can't imagine how dissappointed and frustrated you must be feeling right now. Sending cyber hugs xx

blackburn lass Mar 1st 2010 9:16 pm

To be honest he went initially to get a job that is on the ISSL but struggled and ended up with a general job, which 'any Kiwi can do' so I kinda expected it, but it has taken them over 2 months to let us know.

TeamEmbo Mar 1st 2010 9:28 pm

Before he gives up and heads home altogether has he tried outside of Auckland? This was advertised recently in Wellington:

http://ihg.taleo.net/careersection/a...1&src=JB-10920

Maybe clutching at straws :unsure: but you never know?

AngelaandJim Mar 1st 2010 10:06 pm

Oh Dawn that's terrible I really feel for you I know how much you have missed him and what a struggle it has been hope something turns up for you :fingerscrossed:

Angela x

Just looked at that job he should go for it !! good luck

Persephone Mar 2nd 2010 12:22 am

So sorry for you, 6months and no luck on the job front. As others have said, would you be willing to move anywhere in NZ just to get that start?
Wishing you lots of luck
Sue

blackburn lass Mar 2nd 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for that lead, but he is leaving on wednesday morning (NZ time) because his ticket runs out on Thursday. To be honest he has applied for loads of jobs similar to this but the same response 'you don't have a visa'.

Looking forward to not thinking and worrying about anymore, but still sad.
At least we tried!

Love Dawn X

blackburn lass Mar 2nd 2010 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 8385324)
Before he gives up and heads home altogether has he tried outside of Auckland? This was advertised recently in Wellington:

http://ihg.taleo.net/careersection/a...1&src=JB-10920

Maybe clutching at straws :unsure: but you never know?

Honestly he has travelled the length and breadth of NZ. And has been living in Marton for 6 months!!!!! So we really were willing to live in any part!

gags Mar 2nd 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by blackburn lass (Post 8387196)
Thanks for that lead, but he is leaving on wednesday morning (NZ time) because his ticket runs out on Thursday. To be honest he has applied for loads of jobs similar to this but the same response 'you don't have a visa'.

Looking forward to not thinking and worrying about anymore, but still sad.
At least we tried!

Love Dawn X

This sounds like you both might be giving up now. I so hope not. Loads and loads of positive thoughts for you :kiss:

Dewb09 Mar 2nd 2010 4:19 pm

Sad its not worked out for you after all you have been through. Good luck in the furure :thumbsup:

Dewb

Psychopandy Mar 2nd 2010 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by blackburn lass (Post 8385270)
OH has just called me from NZ and he has been refused a work permit:frown::( So he is coming home, leaving tomorrow and will arrive here on saturday.

It will be strange to have im home after 6 months.:thumbsup:

Dawn X

Everyone else has alreay said all the sorry, try again stuff so i wont :wub: instead i will look on the flip side of this for you

Congratulations, your main man is coming home :thumbsup:

Things work out the way they do for a reason, maybe at the moment the time just isnt right. make the most of being a family again - after all the time apart you must be so excited (even if its a little bittersweet)

Love Psycho x

teeym Mar 2nd 2010 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Psychopandy (Post 8387848)

Congratulations, your main man is coming home :thumbsup:

....so just remember, the toilet seat won't always be in the position you expect, used socks will be everywhere and all the health products in your fridge will be replaced with bacon and beer. :eek: Welcome back to the joys of man ownership (we're lovely really).

BEVS Mar 2nd 2010 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by blackburn lass (Post 8385270)
OH has just called me from NZ and he has been refused a work permit So he is coming home, leaving tomorrow and will arrive here on saturday.

It will be strange to have im home after 6 months.

Dawn X

Well. Poo ! Big shame he wasn't able to knab summat but you should both be proud you have given this such a good go. At least you'll have your bloke back. :wub:

Will you be thinking to have another go if the job situation improves ?

Sorry it didn't work out this time and don;t be a stranger around here

RobDon Mar 3rd 2010 3:00 am

Ditto the above ;)

blackburn lass Mar 3rd 2010 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8388540)
Well. Poo ! Big shame he wasn't able to knab summat but you should both be proud you have given this such a good go. At least you'll have your bloke back. :wub:

Will you be thinking to have another go if the job situation improves ?

Sorry it didn't work out this time and don;t be a stranger around here

What I think we will do is first get a new job for OH and sort out our finances here (this trip has wiped us out) and then keep applying for jobs in NZ hoping we may get vey lucky!

Just thought - he will be checking in right now.

Dawn X