Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's all gone pear shaped!

It's all gone pear shaped!

Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice
Default Re: It's all gone pear shaped!

Jan

I will be checking back on Monday but i have everything crossed that it goes through.

Vanessa
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:54 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

NEWSLASH - POPULATION OF NEW ZEALAND TO INCREASE BY 4 ON 3RD OCTOBER!!!!!

RIGHT TO THE WIRE, WE GOT THE NEWS AT 4:59 (BUT ONLY AFTER DEMANDING IT!).

NO REDUCTION IN PRICE, COMPLETION DATE NOT CHANGED.

HAVE SPENT THE LAST 45 MINS PHONING EVERYONE, BUT AM STILL IN TEARS.

Thank you all so, so much for your support, it's made these last few weeks so much easier.

Jan, Steve, Chris and Helen
xxx

Congratulations to Vanessa as well, dead chuffed for you.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:57 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bookemjano

Thank you all so, so much for your support, it's made these last few weeks so much easier.

xxx

Congrats!! You may one day look back and laugh at it. But for now I guess a party weekend.

Sent some Karma.

Scott
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:00 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

xxx

WOO HOO....YEAH....YIPPEE....SUPA DUPA.....BRILL....FANDABYDOSY....What great news Jan & family, now you can really celebrate and have a fantastic weekend......get the champers open everyone!!!!

Congratulations to you too Vanessa and family! All systems go now you two!!!!

....Sparkle runs round the house with her bottle of cooking sherry shaking her booty at the world......
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Jan

Make that by 8. We arrive 3rd Otober as well, heading for Chch - are we twins?

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nessie
Jan

Make that by 8. We arrive 3rd Otober as well, heading for Chch - are we twins?

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Jan and family, thats got the week end off to a great start, I feel relaxed already.

Have one from me, cos I'll be having one for you, and when we get to Christchurch we'll have to get together and have a real
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in no decent shape for this stress.

Her appt was 2.30, it got rearranged to 4 at the last minute. Our sol said we couldn't exchange because there would not be enough time. Translation - he wanted to leave the office early. So we got tough and told him to stay until 5 and to ring us the moment hit happened. He said 'is that what you want?'. Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

She did go in, and sign everything. Hoorah. She'd done her bit by 4.10. Her sol has been trying to get hold of mine - who isn't available, so we can't exchange now until Monday.

It's now 16:48 - it's not going to happen today is it?! It's this kind of solicitor that gives the rest a bad name. How that man will feel my wrath on Monday morning.

We really wanted to celebrate this weekend and we can't. Robbed again.
Oh dear - so sorry to hear this! Better luck for next week. Carmen.

EDIT - JUST READ LAST PAGE - WELL DONE YOU!!!!! YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED/ANXIOUS/NERVOUS etc etc. Have a great weekend!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

xxx
Well Done!!!!!

Congratulations!! Go now and get thoroughly drunk!!! I tried it yesterday for my birthday (drunkenness) and it was very nice indeed. Good luck to you all

Regards and celebrations for all!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:06 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Fan-bloody-tastic....

congratulations to you both Jan and Vanessa...oh, you must both be so relieved, elated and excited all at the same time...

Party time all round I think...champers anyone????

I do love a happy ending...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:55 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Jan and Nessie (and respective families)
Really pleased for you all - hope the celebrations are long and hard (ooer missus)
I'm sure they have help for alcoholics in NZ
Old Sep 17th 2005, 5:38 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biddy
I'm sure they have help for alcoholics in NZ
Yep....they have bigger glasses ....party on!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice

Originally Posted by livewire
Sounds like a good strategy Loxley. Sometimes it's better to keep things like that confidential under the circumstances.
Sorry to hear you've not sold your house yet, guess the market must still be pretty slow over there still.

Perhaps you'll get a buyer now that the summer holidays are over, with a bit of luck you'll be here by Christmas.

Is your employer willing to hold the job open for you?
No still not found a buyer, the house is in the price that takes it into the 3% stamp duty bracket. People are reluctant to pay another £7800 on top of the price. Were working on one couple at the moment, we have offered them to pay £250k for the house and make up the rest by paying our estate agents fees and another sum for fixtures and fitings, just waiting for results.
Hopefuly to be there by christmas would be nice.
My employer has promissed to keep my job open, just turn up he says.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:30 am
livewire

Well that sounds quite promising, hope it works out and you get the sale agreed on.

You're lucky to have such an understanding employer as well, how did it go with getting your UK qualifications recognised in NZ? some people have had no end of trouble.

Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:04 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Hi Jan and Family!

Just read the news and we are very pleased for you
(We have moved a few times and can never understand why it takes until the last minute for everything to go through)

Good Luck and keep in touch

Dave and Lyns
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice

Originally Posted by livewire
Well that sounds quite promising, hope it works out and you get the sale agreed on.

You're lucky to have such an understanding employer as well, how did it go with getting your UK qualifications recognised in NZ? some people have had no end of trouble.

Contacted the NZIS and as my qualifications are from many years ago they are automaticaly recognised. So no need to transfere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.