Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's all gone pear shaped!

It's all gone pear shaped!

Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:45 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice
Default Re: It's all gone pear shaped!

I would just be happy to get a buyer, we have been on the market for 2 months and only had 2 viewings the second viewing put in an offer of £55k below the asking price.......taking the p..s!!!!!!!!!!!!

The market is in a pretty bad state at the moment we have reduced the price by 10k today so hopefully it will attract more interest

My heart goes out to anyone that is trying to sell at the moment its just soul destroying after all the hard work we have all put in trying to get jobs, visas etc to start a new life in NZ and then you can't sell your house

Good luck everyone and I hope things improve in the near future

K9
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:12 am
livewire

Originally Posted by Loxley
I have vowed not to tell the estate agents or potential buyers that we are moving abroad. I have a fear that the potential buyer could leave things untill the last minute and then insist that the price is reduced. My agents no nothing of our move, we have told them that we have another property that we can move into so there is no chain (we dont realy) but the less they know the better.
Sounds like a good strategy Loxley. Sometimes it's better to keep things like that confidential under the circumstances.
Sorry to hear you've not sold your house yet, guess the market must still be pretty slow over there still.

Perhaps you'll get a buyer now that the summer holidays are over, with a bit of luck you'll be here by Christmas.

Is your employer willing to hold the job open for you?

Last edited by livewire; Sep 16th 2005 at 12:18 am.

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:15 am
livewire

Originally Posted by K9s
I would just be happy to get a buyer, we have been on the market for 2 months and only had 2 viewings the second viewing put in an offer of £55k below the asking price.......taking the p..s!!!!!!!!!!!!

The market is in a pretty bad state at the moment we have reduced the price by 10k today so hopefully it will attract more interest

My heart goes out to anyone that is trying to sell at the moment its just soul destroying after all the hard work we have all put in trying to get jobs, visas etc to start a new life in NZ and then you can't sell your house

Good luck everyone and I hope things improve in the near future

K9
The market must have taken quite a nose dive since we sold up in May of last year. Good luck to you all, I hope that things pick up quickly

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:42 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quickie from Florida to say

Good Luck

To all of you going through difficulties at the moment. I really do feel for you and am sending positive vibes across the Atlantic.

It will come good in the end - however long it takes. Keep positive and deal with whatever each day throws at you.

Biddy
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

We want some good news today, no not good, brilliant, fantastic........

Come on 'D' sign that form, we'll get the Baileys for Jan, and a bottle for steve if it helps........

PARTY TONIGHT

Pllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your nerves hold out Jan.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:14 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nessie
bookemjano - any news?

We are waiting for solicitors to phone to tell us if we exchange tomorrow - I feel sick

Nessie - any news?

I'm working on the assumption today that no news is good news until 5.00, after that I'll panic. I'm very shaky, very distracted, colleague told me to go 'that calm place within myself'. Listen mate, I HAVE NO CALM PLACE! I'm trying to get my family to the other side of the world FFS you eejit.

Actually, I do feel much calmer after that little outburst.

Could do with that Baileys now though.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Jan

No news yet - I resorted to the copious amounts of booze and a sleeping pill trick last night in order to start today feeling refreshed and ready for anything. needlsess to say it hasn't worked!

I managed to hold back until 5 past nine this morning before I phoned the estate agent and the solicitor - give it another half hour and me and the kids are going into town to camp on their doorstep!

Fingers crossed for you and watch this space.
Vanessa
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:32 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Nessie - any news?

I'm working on the assumption today that no news is good news until 5.00, after that I'll panic. I'm very shaky, very distracted, colleague told me to go 'that calm place within myself'. Listen mate, I HAVE NO CALM PLACE! I'm trying to get my family to the other side of the world FFS you eejit.

Actually, I do feel much calmer after that little outburst.

Could do with that Baileys now though.
Good luck.

If you haven't already, I would just phone the solicitors this morning though to make sure that they are going all out for an exchange. You know how cr@p people can be! In fact, have they put 'the ultimatum' in writing to your buyer through their solicitor? If not, strongly recommend doing so asap.

I mention this since we had a strict deadline when we bought our last house (school admissions deadline, I remember it well) and although it was agreed verbally from the moment we put an offer in - ie subject to 21 day exchange etc - it was only when I spoke to my solicitor on the final, slightly delayed exchange day that I had allowed for (ie actual school deadline day) and said once again, 'well if it doesn't happen today it's not happening' that they realised how serious we were and said we'd better put it in writing via fax to all the other solicitors (2) in the chain. I was actually bloody furious, since although it did the trick and we exchanged in time, I realised that although I thought we had communicated deadlines very clearly from the beginning, it was obvious that the 'threat' had to be in writing. In fact, all formal communication needs to be in writing. Also, although everyone in our case was ready from 1pm, it was touch and go as to whether we would have legally exchanged (ie the phone chain they do) by 3.30 which is what we needed, I know sometime today is fine for you.

Anyhow, just thought it was worth mentioning. Sorry it didn't come to me sooner, it was just readig the messages this morning that it all came flooding back and I recalled the events. Horrid!

Best of British!! Carmen x.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Latest update - everyone has signed their contracts, all the paperwork is in place BUT the person at the bottom of the chain has just raised a query about whether the street she is buying in floods!! Has she not had enough time to ask this question? For gods sake - this will be the third date we have had to exchange. Honestly I now feel physically ill with the pressure of it all. We have the movers booked to come in on Monday - how long do I leave it before I delay them yet again??????

In utter desperation
V
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Talk about close to the wire. I was just on the phone to crown to cancel the shippers when the solictor phoned to say we have exchanged!! HURRAH.

Jan, my fingers are so crossed for you
V
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nessie
Talk about close to the wire. I was just on the phone to crown to cancel the shippers when the solictor phoned to say we have exchanged!! HURRAH.

Jan, my fingers are so crossed for you
V
Fanbloodytastic, really pleased for you

Come on Jan, still got everything crossed for you, hope your silence is down to celebrating.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:59 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

I'm in no decent shape for this stress.

Her appt was 2.30, it got rearranged to 4 at the last minute. Our sol said we couldn't exchange because there would not be enough time. Translation - he wanted to leave the office early. So we got tough and told him to stay until 5 and to ring us the moment hit happened. He said 'is that what you want?'. Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

She did go in, and sign everything. Hoorah. She'd done her bit by 4.10. Her sol has been trying to get hold of mine - who isn't available, so we can't exchange now until Monday.

It's now 16:48 - it's not going to happen today is it?! It's this kind of solicitor that gives the rest a bad name. How that man will feel my wrath on Monday morning.

We really wanted to celebrate this weekend and we can't. Robbed again.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:31 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

I've just sat and read the whole saga, I feel so bad, it was like reading a book. I couldn't wait to get to todays post! I'm sure all will go well on Monday. That little pony tailed twit has a lot to answer for, and I hope your buyer gets a fishy smell when she walks in your house!!! serve her right!
good luck for Monday, I will be watching ....like a soap...sorry (god I'm dreading my turn), best wishes for the future I'm sure it will all work out great, try and have a relaxing drink tonight, at least she has signed the sols only call eachother to confirm dates you know, its a load of bull, what they do , I bet the estate agent has worked harder!! take care xx

Her appt was 2.30, it got rearranged to 4 at the last minute. Our sol said we couldn't exchange because there would not be enough time. Translation - he wanted to leave the office early. So we got tough and told him to stay until 5 and to ring us the moment hit happened. He said 'is that what you want?'. Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

She did go in, and sign everything. Hoorah. She'd done her bit by 4.10. Her sol has been trying to get hold of mine - who isn't available, so we can't exchange now until Monday.

It's now 16:48 - it's not going to happen today is it?! It's this kind of solicitor that gives the rest a bad name. How that man will feel my wrath on Monday morning.

Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:50 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

I hope all goes well on Monday, and at least you know the contracts have been signed. Have one or two very large ones for the weekend.

reading this thread has made me somewhat nervous. Our house has been on the market for 2 weeks now. Had 3 viewings so far. One offer (refused) one interested but needs to sell theirs and one cash buyer who will decide by Monday. 2 viewings booked for next week.

To all those in the present situation I wish you luck, and hope it all goes well. At least we know the PPS has some flexibility in start dates, and I know to be tough from the beginning, and make sure everything is written down and not verbally agreed.

Scott
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:50 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Oh, noooooooo.....I scrolled down with baited breath to see your post....how frustrating yet again. At least she turned up tho' and all 'should' be sorted come Monday? It's all new to me this game, we have only every lived in one house and been here for 23 years. I still can't believe we have a for sale board up, I felt so sad when I saw it......daft sod I am!
Jan I really feel for you and can only hope this is finally resolved on Monday.

Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.