Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's all gone pear shaped!

It's all gone pear shaped!

Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:36 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's all gone pear shaped!

So, no further on in the please buy my house saga other than I'm typing with a horrible blind spot on my right hand side still hanging on from yesterday's migraine. I have bruises galore from ricocheting between the furnture as I can't see down one side. At least I know where my hip bones are now, always look on the bright side and all that. Typing on the computer won't help I know but a misery shared ......

D still hasn't made the appt to exchange. Even her sols are getting antsy now but she won't be pushed. My kids talked to her kids who said they're dead excited about moving and have even been taken to choose wallpaper for their rooms. No response from the note so far though - what is this woman playing at? I could strangle her I really could. If she's doing this so that she can reduce the price at the last minute she's been very cruel. This isn't a straight forward house sale, it's us giving up everything and starting afresh. She's moving 3 blocks but god forbid she feels pressured!

I'm going to go into a darkened room - not to lie down, to push pins into a doll.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Jan, you sound really stressed mate...sending you huge positive vibes (and K too if I can)

I truly hope that D pulls her finger out and you get your completion sorted asap
Damn woman needs a ruddy good ...house buying/selling is the pits isn't it...try not to fret too much as it's not good for you (easy words I know)...

{{{big hugs for Jan}}}
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:15 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Jan, you sound really stressed mate...sending you huge positive vibes (and K too if I can)

I truly hope that D pulls her finger out and you get your completion sorted asap
Damn woman needs a ruddy good ...house buying/selling is the pits isn't it...try not to fret too much as it's not good for you (easy words I know)...

{{{big hugs for Jan}}}
Oh look - super mod karma has made me into a glorious beacon of light! Which is great because I was feeling like a glorified deacon of sh*te.

You're all very kind, this forum is fantastic.

I think my sister has just hit the nail on the head - it looks as if D is stalling for time because of the cash flow problems associated with house moving, eg if she doesn't exchange and complete before end of September she can fit another salary in for removal costs, lock changes etc. I hadn't thought of that, I was just thinking she was going to reduce the offer. The ironic thing is that if we she had bothered to phone me I could have put her in touch with an absolutely fantastic man and van who only charges £100, is local, and does a brilliant job. Ooohh! The frustration of the whole thing. If she bothered speaking to me she'd find out that we don't care about completion, as long as she exchanges we can afford to pay for the tickets and the bond on the rental, get on with it and leave with a few thousand to tide us over until the completion.

If she just told me what the problem is I'd do everything I could to help, even clear a room and help bring round stuff to store now to reduce her costs, or pay a month extra on her rent so she doesn't have to give notice. Pick up the phone you stupid woman!!!!!!! It's not charity, it's a business transaction.

I can't even have alcohol because I've took migraine tablets - now that's annoying! And am I losing weight with all this stress - am I bo**ocks!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:32 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Oh look - super mod karma has made me into a glorious beacon of light! Which is great because I was feeling like a glorified deacon of sh*te.

I think my sister has just hit the nail on the head - it looks as if D is stalling for time because of the cash flow problems associated with house moving, eg if she doesn't exchange and complete before end of September she can fit another salary in for removal costs, lock changes etc. I hadn't thought of that, I was just thinking she was going to reduce the offer. The ironic thing is that if we she had bothered to phone me I could have put her in touch with an absolutely fantastic man and van who only charges £100, is local, and does a brilliant job. Ooohh! The frustration of the whole thing. If she bothered speaking to me she'd find out that we don't care about completion, as long as she exchanges we can afford to pay for the tickets and the bond on the rental, get on with it and leave with a few thousand to tide us over until the completion.

If she just told me what the problem is I'd do everything I could to help, even clear a room and help bring round stuff to store now to reduce her costs, or pay a month extra on her rent so she doesn't have to give notice. Pick up the phone you stupid woman!!!!!!! It's not charity, it's a business transaction.

I can't even have alcohol because I've took migraine tablets - now that's annoying! And am I losing weight with all this stress - am I bo**ocks!
Hi Jan
I have only just read this thread as we have been busy decorating and de-cluttering . Sorry to hear you are having a pig of a time. I hope you have something positive to tell us soon
We are just about to start the house sale process we are putting it on the market next week :scared:
We will send you K if we can. Take care.
Dave and Lyns
Old Sep 9th 2005, 8:36 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is all very stressful and I really feel for you in this situation, but I thought you may like to know that you are still managing to make me laugh with your fantastically witty prose. I will try and send you some karma for your stress since I feel very guilty that you are making me chuckle!

Oh yeah, and if it makes you feel any better, my diet has gone t*ts up too!!

Hope it gets better soon. Carmen.

Edit - Sorry, couldn't send karma - have some in thought only.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Sep 9th 2005 at 8:39 am.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
I know this is all very stressful and I really feel for you in this situation, but I thought you may like to know that you are still managing to make me laugh with your fantastically witty prose. I will try and send you some karma for your stress since I feel very guilty that you are making me chuckle!

Oh yeah, and if it makes you feel any better, my diet has gone t*ts up too!!

Hope it gets better soon. Carmen.

Edit - Sorry, couldn't send karma - have some in thought only.
You've got to see the funny side though haven't you? You'd crack otherwise.

Still no news today, other than a speeding fine for Steve, and I haven't got the heart to be annoyed at him, the poor bloke's been so stressed I'm surprised he can drive at all.

Going to get tough on Monday if nothing's happened and threaten to pull out because we literally cannot afford to wait another day. The whole idea of going now was to get the kids in school in time for them to make friends to hang out with over the summer, if it doesn't happen within the next few weeks we might as well wait until next July when Chris has finished his exams here.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 3:15 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to see the funny side though haven't you? You'd crack otherwise.

Still no news today, other than a speeding fine for Steve, and I haven't got the heart to be annoyed at him, the poor bloke's been so stressed I'm surprised he can drive at all.

Going to get tough on Monday if nothing's happened and threaten to pull out because we literally cannot afford to wait another day. The whole idea of going now was to get the kids in school in time for them to make friends to hang out with over the summer, if it doesn't happen within the next few weeks we might as well wait until next July when Chris has finished his exams here.
Jan - have only just caught up with this thread and am sending you Karma for what it's worth - this is pretty much a carbon copy of our debacle and I really do feel for you. The stress of being 'out of control' is unbearable. Towards the end of our situation we just went with the flow as there was nothing else we could do. It worked for us - everything happenned at the 11th hour and I hope the same pattern follows for you too.

Please do one thing that we forgot -

Do Ali's prawn in the curtain pole thing - it'll be something to laugh about in years to come when the mess has sorted itself out.

Best of luck - I hope to see some positive news soon.

Biddy
Old Sep 10th 2005, 6:04 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Jan - have only just caught up with this thread and am sending you Karma for what it's worth - this is pretty much a carbon copy of our debacle and I really do feel for you. The stress of being 'out of control' is unbearable. Towards the end of our situation we just went with the flow as there was nothing else we could do. It worked for us - everything happenned at the 11th hour and I hope the same pattern follows for you too.

Please do one thing that we forgot -

Do Ali's prawn in the curtain pole thing - it'll be something to laugh about in years to come when the mess has sorted itself out.

Best of luck - I hope to see some positive news soon.

Biddy
...Er, I think you'll find that was my suggestion. Wish I'd done it to my cantankerous landlord when he returned my deposit under duress and after a great deal of argument. Oh and he always used to talk down to me as though I were a halfwit. Grrr. Good to see you back Biddy!! Do it Jan do it!!

As with everyone else my thoughts and karma are with you (k in heart if not in deed - still need to spread )

Phyl
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:15 pm

Thank you all for your karma, PMs and e-mails, and kind words. We finally have progress, of sorts.

D has arranged to exchange on Friday, the 16th. Her excuse - she's working away this week. Mmmm, I'm a little puzzled, her excuse doesn't ring true, but we'll let that one go for now.

She now says though that she can't complete in September, even though on 18th July we all agreed for a completion date on 28th September (or 30th for logistical reasons). Her excuse - wait for it - she's on holiday. Now I'm not puzzled, I'm just bloody furious. How many people do you know can afford a holiday the week they're moving house? Come on D, you can come up with something better than that!!

So we've set an ultimatum. She either agrees to completion on the 3rd October or we're pulling out. If we don't go on the 29th September, as planned, we're looking at paying double the costs for the flights. If she insists on completion later on we'll be paying mortgage, rent on a holiday place and rent on a long term rental whilst waiting for her to sort herself out. No thanks.

Fingers crossed that she doesn't do the dirty on us on Friday.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:24 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your karma, PMs and e-mails, and kind words. We finally have progress, of sorts.

D has arranged to exchange on Friday, the 16th. Her excuse - she's working away this week. Mmmm, I'm a little puzzled, her excuse doesn't ring true, but we'll let that one go for now.

She now says though that she can't complete in September, even though on 18th July we all agreed for a completion date on 28th September (or 30th for logistical reasons). Her excuse - wait for it - she's on holiday. Now I'm not puzzled, I'm just bloody furious. How many people do you know can afford a holiday the week they're moving house? Come on D, you can come up with something better than that!!

So we've set an ultimatum. She either agrees to completion on the 3rd October or we're pulling out. If we don't go on the 29th September, as planned, we're looking at paying double the costs for the flights. If she insists on completion later on we'll be paying mortgage, rent on a holiday place and rent on a long term rental whilst waiting for her to sort herself out. No thanks.

Fingers crossed that she doesn't do the dirty on us on Friday.
Fingers crossed for you. I think you are being very reasonable and I would love to buy a house from you!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Fingers crossed for you. I think you are being very reasonable and I would love to buy a house from you!!
By Friday afternoon I might still have one to sell!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

bookenjano

I've just caught up with this thread and my heart truly goes out to you.

We are in exactly the same position. We were due to exchange 25th Aug - the buyers are not ready. We re-arrange exchange for the 2nd Sept and at 11am on the 2nd we get a call from our solicitors saying our buyers' buyer had not got their search back. We re-arrange again for the 9th and on the 7th get a call saying that the buyers' buyer has got questions about the contract (which they have had since 1st Aug!!) and we won't be able to exchange. The last two times we have had dog shippers and removal men booked to come in the following Monday and have had to re-arrange.

Hubby went to our solicitors and estate agents last Thursday and told them if we don't exchange by noon this friday, house is coming off the market and we are going to leave it empty for a few months and sell later.

Watch this space.

I hope it all goes well for you and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by nessie
bookenjano

I've just caught up with this thread and my heart truly goes out to you.

We are in exactly the same position. We were due to exchange 25th Aug - the buyers are not ready. We re-arrange exchange for the 2nd Sept and at 11am on the 2nd we get a call from our solicitors saying our buyers' buyer had not got their search back. We re-arrange again for the 9th and on the 7th get a call saying that the buyers' buyer has got questions about the contract (which they have had since 1st Aug!!) and we won't be able to exchange. The last two times we have had dog shippers and removal men booked to come in the following Monday and have had to re-arrange.

Hubby went to our solicitors and estate agents last Thursday and told them if we don't exchange by noon this friday, house is coming off the market and we are going to leave it empty for a few months and sell later.

Watch this space.

I hope it all goes well for you and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.
That's uncanny. Do you think our buyers are related?

What's getting to me most is that I feel robbed. I'm a very organised person, and as soon as we agreed a completion date back in July I worked everything down to the fine detail. What I should be doing with my time now, if they'd stuck to that agreement, is saying goodbye to everyone. This was my time to be working my notice, having a weekend away with my best mate, have deep and meaningful talks with my mum and stepdad, and throwing a surprise party for my kids and their mates. Instead I'm in limbo. Everything is on hold and because we fly out two weeks on Thursday all the really important things, like making sure I say the things I want to say to people, making sure I miss no-one off and see everyone I want to, is now going to have to be done at double speed.

And all the people who want to say goodbye to us, who want to arrange leaving parties and buy presents, they're in limbo too. My mum just doesn't know what to do to help me, my friend says she feels powerless for the first time since we've known each other, my son's school haven't set him up with any special music tuition as they did last year because they know he's going so he spends half his day on his own in a classroom reading books, and my daughter is going to school in tears most days because she doesn't know whether she's leaving or not and at 13 your friends are everything aren't they?

All the organising, the paperwork, the 'business' side of it - this being delayed or messed about just pees me off, but doesn't really get to me, it's just jobs to do and apologies to make. But not being able to spend time with people like I really want to is awful. Hubby feels the same, he's not got the best relationships with his family and this, strangely enough, was bringing them closer together, so he's really feeling it.

So I feel like I've been robbed of the luxury of time. All the important stuff is now going to be rushed instead of cherished. That probably sounds very dramatic, but I think people know what I mean.

I'm a great believer in Karma, and I know that someday this will all come back to bite my buyer on the ass. I just hope that on that day Karma has sharpened her teeth.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

Good luck with everything that you are aiming for. I am waiting for the elusive house buyer! Anyone want a 3 bedroomed house in a very nice area of Blackburn???
JoannaD
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:39 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Been reading your emails and my heart goes out to you.....

Im so glad i don't have a house to sell as we've been renting for awhile but
if i was in your position i'd want to go round and ring her neck !!

Just the thought of packing up and moving gives me palpitations, we have just sent all our documents off and are now awaiting our visas. Husband
is on his course in November and time is ticking by so I know I should start
getting things in order, but where to start?

Good luck and keep us all posted,
Sue :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.