Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's all coming together...

It's all coming together...

Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking It's all coming together...

Last Friday I contacted the IPS regarding the kids passports that we had sent for renewal. I was told they had been sent to my old address and posted through the door They had been sitting there over a week, and when we went to the address, they had piles of mail. No-one had obviously been in there for ages. I complained to IPS and to the courier service and moaned about the point of secure means, it has to be signed for, but got little response back. And they moan about ID fraud
I then contacted the police access about our police check papers. They were sent the morning of the conversation, but now I was getting a little worried they too would be posted wrongly. Chased the medicals, told the same thing.

The bottom of it is........EVERYTHING CAME TOGETHER YESTERDAY (Don't even begin to ask how ) And on OH's birthday too.

We now have paperwork completed and are submitting them on Friday at NZ House. We have booked the flights for 19th Feb and will be winging our way to your side of the world in 5 weeks.

I just had to post this.......we are sooooo damned excited.

Am Loolah - get that bolly ready mate. will see you on the 23rd if your available.

Nici
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's all coming together...

Yahoo! Good for you!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:34 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:39 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hooooo!!! Brilliant news Nicci!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

That's just brilliant Nici!! The next five weeks will fly. After everything you have been through you deserve some good fortune. Me and simonmarkellis will raise a glass or two to toast your arrival!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welly Wife
That's just brilliant Nici!! The next five weeks will fly. After everything you have been through you deserve some good fortune. Me and simonmarkellis will raise a glass or two to toast your arrival!!
We certainly will, especially as we just got our hot tub working properly last night! Fantastic news Nicci! See you in 2008 (Sometime)
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
We certainly will, especially as we just got our hot tub working properly last night! Fantastic news Nicci! See you in 2008 (Sometime)
Now there's an offer - hot tub and a large glass of vino!! Don't think I can last until February!!

It's is boiling hot today so may just need a little relaxation later!!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:29 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kato33
Last Friday I contacted the IPS regarding the kids passports that we had sent for renewal. I was told they had been sent to my old address and posted through the door They had been sitting there over a week, and when we went to the address, they had piles of mail. No-one had obviously been in there for ages. I complained to IPS and to the courier service and moaned about the point of secure means, it has to be signed for, but got little response back. And they moan about ID fraud
I then contacted the police access about our police check papers. They were sent the morning of the conversation, but now I was getting a little worried they too would be posted wrongly. Chased the medicals, told the same thing.

The bottom of it is........EVERYTHING CAME TOGETHER YESTERDAY (Don't even begin to ask how ) And on OH's birthday too.

We now have paperwork completed and are submitting them on Friday at NZ House. We have booked the flights for 19th Feb and will be winging our way to your side of the world in 5 weeks.

Am Loolah - get that bolly ready mate. will see you on the 23rd if your available.

Nici
I'm putting it in my diary as I type - am ambidextrous don't you know!! Bring your sunscreen, it was 30.8 degrees yesterday, 32 on the beach - phew!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:38 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Great news Nici, don't you just love it when a plan comes together, I'm sure thats a quote from something, not sure what though, but anyway, well-done, we'll see you very soon.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:41 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased to hear your news Nici, sorry I won't be there to greet you after all this. Come and meet the Porirua posse when you find the time
Karen
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all,

Simonmarkellis & Welly wife - save a space for us please, go on, you know you want too.
Karonious - ditto mate. Don't forget the invite to us when we settle
Am Loolah - won't it be colder when we arrive but bolly is still good in the cold!
Marika - expect a visit mate. How's Tim's job going?
Maz - Drinks all round.
Jill1420 - there will ALWAYS be a space for you at ours? Don't you forget that!
Sue - thanks for your support.

As said many a time before, you will all be welcome. Oooooo I am soooo excited.

Cheers to all those not mentioned who have given excellent advice, and been there for me to rant at when things got tough.
CHEERS
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

That's brilliant news Nici - believe me, the weeks will fly past.

Watch out NZ, more Essex girls arriving faster than you can shake your handbag at us........
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cappuccino
That's brilliant news Nici - believe me, the weeks will fly past.

Watch out NZ, more Essex girls arriving faster than you can shake your handbag at us........

Oh so true.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Jill1420 - there will ALWAYS be a space for you at ours? Don't you forget that!

Cheers pal!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kato33

Nici
Congratulations really pleased for you things our end took a slight knock we heard back from a job my OH had gone for and didn't get but on reflection we thought it was probably the right decision I don't think she would have been happy there.
Cheers .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.