Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ITA ready, any last minute advice?

ITA ready, any last minute advice?

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITA ready, any last minute advice?

I have finally gathered all the information I need to supply with my application to apply. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid pitfalls? Don't know if I should send my passport now or not? I will need it to travel in two months, will this be long enough to get it back in time? Also what do they mean by recent photos? I have ones which were taken about 15 months ago (the same ones on my passport) Will these be acceptable, I haven't aged THAT much!!!Is it better to send all the original documents now or just certified copies? Do they really com looking for originals at a later date,if they do then you think originals now and save time?
And finally..... if I send my passport now and am successful, will they automatically put the blue stickr in?If so will this cause me problems as I'm going to NZ on holiday in 3 months??
Soooo many questions, soooo little time!!!
Thanks for all your help
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:26 am

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA ready, any last minute advice?

Hi There!
Just wanted to say good luck!
We are currently sorting out our ITA and gathering all the info. In terms of handing everything over we are going to take a trip to London to sort it out and then we won't need to get the copies certified.
Not sure about the passport - someone will be able to help you out on the forum.
Let us know how it goes!
Dave and Lyns
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:56 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA ready, any last minute advice?

Originally Posted by spudzlikeus
I have finally gathered all the information I need to supply with my application to apply. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid pitfalls? Don't know if I should send my passport now or not? I will need it to travel in two months, will this be long enough to get it back in time? Also what do they mean by recent photos? I have ones which were taken about 15 months ago (the same ones on my passport) Will these be acceptable, I haven't aged THAT much!!!Is it better to send all the original documents now or just certified copies? Do they really com looking for originals at a later date,if they do then you think originals now and save time?
And finally..... if I send my passport now and am successful, will they automatically put the blue stickr in?If so will this cause me problems as I'm going to NZ on holiday in 3 months??
Soooo many questions, soooo little time!!!
Thanks for all your help
Firstly, congratulations on reaching this stage!

If you are hand delivering your ITA they will give you your passports back straight away. If you are posting it then it's not a problem - just let them know that you will need your passports back for holidays that are booked and give them the date when you need them returning by.

I personally haven't heard of them asking for originals when certified copies have been sent but that doesn't mean that they don't!! Again, if you are hand delivering take the originals plus a photocopy and they will certify them for you. If posting you can either send originals (if you are comfortable doing that by post) or send certified copies.

If you are easily recognisable from the photos then they will probably be ok - but if you are in any doubt then I would get them done again just to be on the safe side - it only costs a couple of quid in the photo booth in Woolies after all!!!

If they have your passports and your migrant levy fee when your visas are approved then they will almost certainly enter your visas into your passport I would have thought. This would mean that when you enter NZ on holiday in 3 months time you would also be validating your visas and would then have 1 year in which to return as a resident to live in the country. If this doesn't fit in with your timescales then you should definately ask for your passports to be returned to you after submitting your ITA. If they don't have your passports when your application is approved this gives you the option of waiting for up to 6 months to have your visas put in and then up to another year in which to validate them.

Hope this helps you, good luck with it all, and have a great time in NZ on your hols....