ITA Documentation

Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITA Documentation

Just looking for some advice from you who have already submitted your ITA paperwork. How much evidence did you have to prove that you had been working in a certain profession? I have job descriptions, letters of appointment, the odd pay slip - is that enough. It is hard to prove 10 years!

Did you send the original documents or did you certify the docs just in case they were lost? :scared: A big question but have NZIS ever lost anyones docs - am I just worrying for nothing.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all
Default Re: ITA Documentation

Nero,
We have submitted our ITA about 16 days ago and the lady who looked and checked that we had supplied all that was required, said the evidence for proof of work experience etc was fine. What we submitted was exactly what you have already stated in your question They said as long as we had confirmation on letter headed paper from my employer with a contact number it would be fine.
As for them not returning or misplacing paper work i will let you know when they attempt to send our things back
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:52 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ssnjeff
Nero,
We have submitted our ITA about 16 days ago and the lady who looked and checked that we had supplied all that was required, said the evidence for proof of work experience etc was fine. What we submitted was exactly what you have already stated in your question They said as long as we had confirmation on letter headed paper from my employer with a contact number it would be fine.
As for them not returning or misplacing paper work i will let you know when they attempt to send our things back
I proved mine (10 years) with a letter from each of the firms I'd worked for before I went freelance. They wanted a bit more info on that, so a letter from my accountant, plus a handfull of invoices to show I was trading as I had said I was. The lady dealing with our ITA at NZIS was very helpfull, in this area, and everything cameback complete and in perfect condition.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:47 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Did you send the original documents or did you certify the docs just in case they were lost? :scared: A big question but have NZIS ever lost anyones docs - am I just worrying for nothing. [/QUOTE]

I would suggest you photocopy rather than certify unless specifically requested as certified/notarised is dammned expensive and the process is expensive enough without adding on extra if you can avoid it.
We had all our documents returned in good condition with no problems.
Karen B
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Thought I'd piggy back on this thread rather than start another...

We are ready to submit our ITA and wonder if anyone has taken them to London themselves? If so what was the procedure. Is it better to book an appointment?

The reason I ask is I need my passport the following week and don't want to risk having a delay in it being returned.

Any advice from anyone who has taken the ITA by hand would be greatfully received.

(One of my liver function tests was a bit high - AST was 116 - normal range 0-50, so I will probably will get a referral me thinks )

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Cheers

DAve
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dash1965
Thought I'd piggy back on this thread rather than start another...

We are ready to submit our ITA and wonder if anyone has taken them to London themselves? If so what was the procedure. Is it better to book an appointment?

The reason I ask is I need my passport the following week and don't want to risk having a delay in it being returned.

Any advice from anyone who has taken the ITA by hand would be greatfully received.

(One of my liver function tests was a bit high - AST was 116 - normal range 0-50, so I will probably will get a referral me thinks )
Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Cheers

DAve
Dave we would also like to do this and as I drive by the London office each day it would be easier and cheaper for me to do this than send it special delivery. So if anyone has done this I would also be really happy to hear about this.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nero
Dave we would also like to do this and as I drive by the London office each day it would be easier and cheaper for me to do this than send it special delivery. So if anyone has done this I would also be really happy to hear about this.
Hi Dash 1965 and Nero, Collate all your information that NZIS require take your originals and a photocopies of everything and hand it in by hand with your cash. When you arrive at NZ House (No appointment needed) you are directed to an open plan office upstairs were you take a number and wait for a member of staff, He/She will go through your paperwork take the photocopies and mark them as originals seen and return the original back to you. If everything is present and correct your visit is complete you can then go downstairs to the basement information centre which is full of all sorts of information (banks, jobs, employment locations etc) which is free for you to take. If you want to make sure its there and keep your originals do it by hand, also you can't beat a bit of shopping in London
Cheers the Hopkins Clan
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Dash 1965 and Nero, Collate all your information that NZIS require take your originals and a photocopies of everything and hand it in by hand with your cash. When you arrive at NZ House (No appointment needed) you are directed to an open plan office upstairs were you take a number and wait for a member of staff, He/She will go through your paperwork take the photocopies and mark them as originals seen and return the original back to you. If everything is present and correct your visit is complete you can then go downstairs to the basement information centre which is full of all sorts of information (banks, jobs, employment locations etc) which is free for you to take. If you want to make sure its there and keep your originals do it by hand, also you can't beat a bit of shopping in London
Cheers the Hopkins Clan

Excellent response Claire,

We shall do just that... It gives us an excuse to pop down London Village to check out the streets of gold...

Maybe the train journey and underground will convince us it's time to search for new adventures!!

Ta Very Much,

Dave
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nero
Just looking for some advice from you who have already submitted your ITA paperwork. How much evidence did you have to prove that you had been working in a certain profession? I have job descriptions, letters of appointment, the odd pay slip - is that enough. It is hard to prove 10 years!

Did you send the original documents or did you certify the docs just in case they were lost? :scared: A big question but have NZIS ever lost anyones docs - am I just worrying for nothing.
They wrote to acknowledge my application, but asking me provide evidence of partner's NZ status. Mad panic as obviously I'd sent his passport! They then affirmed it was in their safe - letter sent in error!

Phoned to ask after marriage certificate - again it'd been sent. Then found it was with the kids' citizenship & passport applications, not my residency one! Bit of cross-departmental lack of communication!

Then found I'd been charged twice on my credit card! Have to send bill & their receipt!

Having said that, they have been extremely helpful and apologetic every time!