Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Islam and future problems

Islam and future problems

Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:41 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Islam and future problems

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Excuse me!! What "crowd" is that then ...... One of the worst generalisations of the thread......
She lives in California.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
She lives in California.
Don't go there!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:19 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me!! What "crowd" is that then ...... One of the worst generalisations of the thread......
Save it for the crowd I was referring too eh?

CB goes off muttering 'bloody newbies' trying to piss me off when I'm having a good day, picking a fight where there isn't one. Jeez. Wannabees.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:20 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
She lives in California.
Florida was full.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Save it for the crowd I was referring too eh?

CB goes off muttering 'bloody newbies' trying to piss me off when I'm having a good day, picking a fight where there isn't one. Jeez. Wannabees.
CITS goes off muttering "bloody old hands, taking offence when a new-kid-on-the-block dares to open their mouth....."
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:05 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CITS goes off muttering "bloody old hands, taking offence when a new-kid-on-the-block dares to open their mouth....."
........before engaging their brain.

Now go and argue with the crowd I was referring to and leave me the heck alone.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

It ain't the people, its their leaders.

Which is the crowd upon which its all so lost?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:58 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
. As an Irish person I learned that you had to prove you were NOT a terrorist rather than everyone assuming you weren't.
Err, possibly being a bit of a drama queen methinks
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:08 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Err, possibly being a bit of a drama queen methinks
Er.. no. I lived in London during bomb scares and was afraid to open my mouth at times because I had people come up to me and say things such as I've already quoted. I don't know how old you are but I'm talking nearly 20 years ago around the time of the bombs in Warrington and right up to Canary Wharf. Things have changed and moved on over the last 10 years but there's a hell of a lot of Irish people who would say the same as me. And, I wasn't saying it to be a drama queen - it was just the way it was and you just had to keep your head down at times and get on with it.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Adventurer
from the Guardian

Today a New Zealand newspaper, the Dominion Post, became the first in that country to publish the cartoons. Its editor, Tim Pankhurst, said: "We do not want to be deliberately provocative, but neither should we allow ourselves to be intimidated."
<snip>article removed - see forum rules (no 6) http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item please just post the link to the article rather than the article itself<snip>

We are coming to live in NZ and certainly a contributory factor is that NZ has such a low Muslim population. The problems that Muslims cause in Europe and much of the world will dramatically increase over the years. I very much hope that Islam will remain very small in NZ.
Hi,i think the UK play up the Muslim thing to the British people,ie none Muslims,i myself, have nothing to do with Muslims,but i think they have had bad press in the UK from mainly jewish owned news papers,im not against anyone,and i think most Kewis are like minded,so dont worry there is not realy any problems here,Regards Norman.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:52 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Adventurer
from the Guardian

Today a New Zealand newspaper, the Dominion Post, became the first in that country to publish the cartoons. Its editor, Tim Pankhurst, said: "We do not want to be deliberately provocative, but neither should we allow ourselves to be intimidated."
<snip>article removed - see forum rules (no 6) http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item please just post the link to the article rather than the article itself<snip>

We are coming to live in NZ and certainly a contributory factor is that NZ has such a low Muslim population. The problems that Muslims cause in Europe and much of the world will dramatically increase over the years. I very much hope that Islam will remain very small in NZ.
You can't just jump from one place to another to avoid a certain type of person can you? ??? It's all one big world and whether we like it or not we are all responsible for what goes on in it and nowhere is immune cos it's people that make it what it is.

What strikes me about religion is that everyione says their one is the best, the truth when all we've got to do is be good to each other every day.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
You can't just jump from one place to another to avoid a certain type of person can you?
No they'll find you wherever you are!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:19 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
What strikes me about religion is that everyione says their one is the best, the truth when all we've got to do is be good to each other every day.
Wouldn't that be great? Sadly it'll never happen though