Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Islam and future problems

Islam and future problems

Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:02 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Islam and future problems

Originally Posted by P18PPS
This thread is really interesting, I'm getting a real insight into how people view whole "cultures" and "religions" and simply boxing whole races and referring to "them" ......

Looking back 10 or 15 years ago - I wonder how some of you would have referred to "those extremists" who happened to reside in the north of ireland ??? And would everyone therefore who happened to be of a particular religion residing in this part of the united kingdom be a "terrorist" and a "them" ????
I don't think there's any intention to view a whole culture as 'them' but when it's 'their' leaders speaking out to condone murderous acts, it's difficult to seperate. As for the IRA and the like, yes people were suspicious of all unknown Northern Irish people too. It's sad but the minority always spoil it for the many, as my old school teacher used to say

You can't really read racism or any other -ism into these comments about muslims, just because hey are generalist. But like in the statement above, the idiot muslims are creating a very poor image of their religion and culture, which the decent muslims are having to suffer.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Adventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to all

Violence, fatwas and online anti-Jew images: a world of protests
The ferocious Muslim protests at the publication of the cartoons in the European press escalated into a global phenomenon at the weekend. The violence appeared likely to intensify despite calls for restraint from some leading clerics. Denmark, where cartoons of the prophet Mohammed first appeared in September, was the main target of arson, threats and calls for an economic boycott.
<snip>article removed - see forum rules (no 6) http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq....aq_new_faq_item please just post the link to the article rather than the article itself<snip>

See the cartoons
www.brusselsjournal.com/node/698

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 7th 2006 at 9:32 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

The journo responsible for the commissioning and publication of the cartoons had previously bought shares in a Danish flag manufacturing company. He should be able to retire on the profits.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
The journo responsible for the commissioning and publication of the cartoons had previously bought shares in a Danish flag manufacturing company. He should be able to retire on the profits.

Assuming the Ayotolla doesn't put a Fatwa on him! :scared:
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Adventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to allAdventurer is a name known to all

From the Guardian today:

The cartoons have been published in virtually every major country across Europe - except Britain. Ukrainian papers published the cartoons yesterday, joining Denmark, Norway, France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Poland.

<snip>article removed - see forum rules (no 6) http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq....aq_new_faq_item please just post the link to the article rather than the article itself<snip>

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 7th 2006 at 9:33 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Is there anyone else who is thinking that Adventurer is a troll?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
I'm curious to know what his thoughts are on the subject, rather than how good he is at cut & paste.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:23 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm curious to know what his thoughts are on the subject, rather than how good he is at cut & paste.
This isn't the only site he's put these on.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:19 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore

I have given up trying to say that not all muslims are like that and that there are good and bad in everyone.

And I really cant see how people cant see that.

Or should I tell my MUSLIM, ARAB husband that he is a terrorist, that beats the shit out of me, has the potential to bomb london and die for his God - its just he doesnt know it yet, but hey ho, there are people on this site that would beg to differ.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]I have given up trying to say that not all muslims are like that and that there are good and bad in everyone.

Hi PP,
Don't let it get you down. With some people on here it does not matter what you say they just won't take on board your idea's or thoughts. Look what happened when I tried to argue back to Horrible Harry (who incidently I think this poster is under a new name). He claimed NZ's have no sense of humour.
Good luck to you and your husband, prejudice is horrible in any shape or form.
KAZ

Last edited by babybella; Feb 7th 2006 at 11:38 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kaz Hen]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have given up trying to say that not all muslims are like that and that there are good and bad in everyone.

Hi PP,
Don't let it get you down. With some people on here it does not matter what you say they just won't take on board your idea's or thoughts. Look what happened when I tried to argue back to Horrible Harry (who incidently I think this poster is under a new name). He claimed NZ's have no sense of humour.
Good luck to you and your husband, prejudice is horrible in any shape or form.
KAZ

Thanks for that Kaz.

Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

CitySlicker will become famous soon enough

A troll being someone who posts something that you don't agree with?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:33 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Why ???
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

CitySlicker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Some of us gave up listening years ago.

From the Dominion Post Today

Meanwhile, the father of New Zealander Shelley Mather, killed in the Islamic militant bombings in London last year, has hit out at the Muslim outcry over the cartoons.

Auckland barrister John Mather said that Muslims were being far too precious over what was simply ink sketchings on paper.

If anybody has reason to feel aggrieved, it is Shelley's extended family.

Apart from a couple of e-mails from Muslims overseas, Mr Mather said he had received no apology over Shelley's murder.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by CitySlicker
Some of us gave up listening years ago.

From the Dominion Post Today

For christ sake, some of you have given up listening.

OK, I made this point before, in Thailand they think that ALL British men like young Thai boys, because nearly ALL of them that visit Patong that they have dealt with, have hired them at some point for sex.

Not all British men are like that.

Not all Muslims are extremists.

Or perhaps some of you in this conversation would like to tell my husband he is a bomber, wife beater and preacher of Islam because you have seen the TV and read the papers, he must be?

If you cannot seperate good from bad then you really are uneducated.

Yes the Islamic extremists are total tossers, yes anyone that does harm in the name of their belief is a tosser - BNP could easily fall into this category.

But not everyone thinks the same way.

Jesus christ I am fed off with everyone's generalisations of people.

In my catholic school, a young girl was raped by her brother and forced to carry the child.

Catholic priests have been implicated in sexual abuse scandals. That doesnt mean they are all like it.

Please for Gods sake, change the record.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Feb 7th 2006 at 9:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.