IRD Numbers

Old Jan 16th 2006, 2:26 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice
Default IRD Numbers

I arrive in NZ 4 weeks today and less than 2 weeks after that I am due to start work. The problem is I need an IRD number to get any wages but I will not have a a permanent address in Wellington ( staying in motels and hostels for a few weeks ) and the online application form wants a NZ address not a PO Box number.
Any ideas would be helpful......thanks
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:29 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IRD Numbers

Hi Lenny, this may be of help.

We obtained our IRD numbers from here in the UK. We used our home address in England and we downloaded the forms from the internet and sent it to NZ by post. It took about 3 weeks to get them back. We then emailed the IRD people about what happens when we arrive in NZ and they emailed us back and gave us a 0800 telephone number to call to inform the authorities of our NZ address.

Sorry if this is a bit late for you.

Best of luck.

Taff

Last edited by taffinkent; Jan 16th 2006 at 6:31 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
I arrive in NZ 4 weeks today and less than 2 weeks after that I am due to start work. The problem is I need an IRD number to get any wages but I will not have a a permanent address in Wellington ( staying in motels and hostels for a few weeks ) and the online application form wants a NZ address not a PO Box number.
we sorted ours out when we got here and we were only in temp accommodation - not a prob with IRD as long as it's not a PO Box - they sorted them in about 2 weeks - my hubby started his job without his and it was no prob either - he still got paid.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion

How about using your employers work address?
We used the address of the nursing agency in Auckland that I was registered with, and simply collected the mail when we arrived.
Cheers
Gill
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:04 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
How about using your employers work address?
We used the address of the nursing agency in Auckland that I was registered with, and simply collected the mail when we arrived.
Cheers
Gill
Thanks Gill, this is what I will be doing now
Cheers