iPhones

Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:41 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default iPhones

Morning

Does anyone know if and where you may be able to get an iPhone unlocked in ChC pretty please!! :confuse d:
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: iPhones

You can do it on the tinterweb - or apparently you can go down one of the local shops in town (Hamilton has a few, sorry not sure about chch).

My phone was tied to O2 - and try as i might they wouldnt unlock mine before we came out - you go through the internet or you can call them and then you get this random text back saying 'we cant unlock your phone please go to www.iphone.wastesomemoreofmytime.co.bloody.com and start all over again - what a faff.

So in the end he sorted it out by the unofficial channels. It can be done. x

They are a fantastic little bit of kit though arent they
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

O2 are unlocking them officially now for £15. I've had mine for 18 months now and have been unlocking it myself using PwnageTool from the web, but getting it officially unlocked from O2 solves all this. Very happy!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyR
O2 are unlocking them officially now for £15. I've had mine for 18 months now and have been unlocking it myself using PwnageTool from the web, but getting it officially unlocked from O2 solves all this. Very happy!
Thats what i had been trying to do for 3 months prior to leaving - had owned it for 15 months - kept plenty of credit on - but they wouldnt do it - and guess what - no one could tell me why!!!! I still have no idea - we gave up and did it 'unofficially' in the end x

Right pain in the arse they were - it was the only thing we never managed to get sorted before we left.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Details for "official" unlocking can be found here.

It's £15 for pay-as-you-go, and free for pay monthly customers.

Edit: whoops, I should have read your post properly. The link is for unlocking in the UK!

Last edited by rushmere; Jan 30th 2010 at 6:58 am.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Thats what i had been trying to do for 3 months prior to leaving - had owned it for 15 months - kept plenty of credit on - but they wouldnt do it - and guess what - no one could tell me why!!!! I still have no idea - we gave up and did it 'unofficially' in the end x

Right pain in the arse they were - it was the only thing we never managed to get sorted before we left.
Yeah for some reason I couldn't get it done before I left either, but as I had it jailbroke and unlocked that way I wasn't too fussed.

But I tried again the other week as I kept my O2 sim. Topped it up for £16, made a single call to make sure it worked, filled out the unlock request and 5 days later had the unlock text through. Restored my iphone to a clean firmware to get rid of my jailbroke unlock and it factory unlocked fine when I next synced my phone.

At least now I can get the phone replaced (hairline crack) over here and will get a new unlocked iphone back again.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:55 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I want a ipad
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by love30stm
I want a ipad
i wanted one till i realised that it just does the same as an ipone but you need MUCH bigger pockets for it!! that may mean i need to get bigger pants !!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Hey there,

It looks to me that I'll be in the country before the wife and kids and I need to know if it will be cheaper to purchase an iphone here and have it unlocked?

Are there good deals in NZ?

Thanking you
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi grahamwookie

I managed to get my iphone unlocked from the 02 network by vodafone NZ for $60, BUT and this is a big BUT...i'm no longer able to update EVER...so this means any new software that Apple bring out i wont be able to receive

So i decided to buy a new 1 over here and sent my old 1 back to the UK for my family to sell on E-bay, the cost of a new 1 here was $399 for a 16g 3gs, plus a 24 month contract, unfortunatly the price of the iphone itself increased to $599 the very next day with vodafone

If you already have 1 i strongly sugest you try and get it unblocked in the UK

Hope this helps
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:24 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know if you can use an iphone with Telecom?

Also would it be cheaper to get one in the States and would it work here in NZ? Can you tell I'm not very technical?!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Also would it be cheaper to get one in the States and would it work here in NZ? Can you tell I'm not very technical?!
Hi Am
According to my OH - you can buy them from america and it may be cheaper but it will be locked to a network which you will need to address when you get it and that will invalidate any warranty.

You buy them here unlocked already and you can get them on telecom even though vodafone sell them.

He reckons that they should actually work better on telecom than vodafone anyway due to the signal stuff - after that i kind of zoned out as i have no idea what he was on about.

Hope this helps

Psycho xx
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think they do Iphones...also heard that american 1's are pre locked to their AT&A network so you would have to pay a charge to get it un locked ( which I know vodafone will do for $60)

I'm not sure how reliable that info is so think you may be better off googling it

sorry not much use but some small usefull stuff amongst there
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

You need to be careful buying new iPhones if you want to unlock them. All new iPhones from stores now may very well come with the latest software & baseband (05.12) which is not unlockable at the moment, unless you pay your money to the network.

The slightly older 05.11 baseband is unlockable by lots of free methods on the internet. Sounds technical I know but something to bear in mind if you are going to unlock your phone without paying the network to do it for you.

Alternatively, buy one on PAYG from O2 in the UK. Make a few calls on it, top the credit up for £15 and then request to get it unlocked. They take the £15 credit from you, takes 3-14 days and its unlocked for good.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about

Hi

I have a PAYG iphone in the uk with tesco (which goes through O2). From previous posts I guess I need to get it unlocked before I arrive. I will be travelling through USA before arriving, two questions:-

1. Will I be able to use it in the USA if I buy a sim card?

2. Can you get good PAYG deals in NZ?

Not very technical, as you can probably tell - just know I love my iphone, but the deal I have with Tesco is great (free internet access and free credit when you top up) and I worry I won't be able to fully utilise it if it is too expensive to use it in NZ.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.