Inverse Layering

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inverse Layering

It's not just a kiwi thing but it is a very kiwi thing, short sleeve t-shirts on top of long sleeve t-shirts, and it's second nature to me now though!!

Make sure you pack some long sleeve t's all you folks moving out here so you can fit in with the locals when you land
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:12 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inverse Layering

Originally Posted by irnbru14
It's not just a kiwi thing but it is a very kiwi thing, short sleeve t-shirts on top of long sleeve t-shirts, and it's second nature to me now though!!

Make sure you pack some long sleeve t's all you folks moving out here so you can fit in with the locals when you land

I do it all the time and so do the kids. My DH is not that 'aware' of what the rest of the universe is wearing, so wouldn't think to do it
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

And shorts over joggers over leggings Probably over PJ's too judging by some of the sights I've seen round here...but I'm often gobsmacked by the Kiwis who can't leave off their beloved shorts in the depths of winter.....so layer them instead .
Not quite got round to trying that myself, not quite acclimatised enough for that one yet
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:22 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Not just a kiwi thing ..... Brits determined to wear their summer gear in our July Autumn(inc OH & DS) wear long sleeve T's under short sleeved ones, not seen them in shorts over jeans yet though .....
B x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Not just a kiwi thing ..... Brits determined to wear their summer gear in our July Autumn(inc OH & DS) wear long sleeve T's under short sleeved ones, not seen them in shorts over jeans yet though .....
B x
..................thats sooo last season darhling!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:09 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strawbie
..................thats sooo last season darhling!!!!
Which season??!! ......they all seem the same......Autumn!
B x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Which season??!! ......they all seem the same......Autumn!
B x
that is so very true!! what happened to those nice warm hazy sunny days from a few weeks ago? We were all, once again lulled into believing that maybe, just for once, we would have the summer of all summers. but alas, it wasnt to be.........again!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:57 am
MnB

that is so very true!! what happened to those nice warm hazy sunny days from a few weeks ago? We were all, once again lulled into believing that maybe, just for once, we would have the summer of all summers. but alas, it wasnt to be.........again!
S'ok ... I'm working this weekend so the sun they forecast is sure to shine!! not sure about the temperature tho....its so chilly in the eve... and have you noticed days are getting shorter already!

How did your house viewing go? (was it Mon this wk or last?....sorry wks just seem to blend into one here in limbo land!)
B x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB
S'ok ... I'm working this weekend so the sun they forecast is sure to shine!! not sure about the temperature tho....its so chilly in the eve... and have you noticed days are getting shorter already

How did your house viewing go? (was it Mon this wk or last?....sorry wks just seem to blend into one here in limbo land!)
B x
thats so nice of you to ask (and remember!!) It went ok, i think they have recently put theres up for sale and have quite abit of interest apparently. They liked ours but obviously at this stage that doesnt stand for much unfortunately?!!! My hubby is so out of practice at showing folk around that he may have deterred them by saying that 6pm was not a very good time for us and the fact that they were early got it out of the way!! I was stuck between laughing and trying not to blatently tell him to bugger off and leave me to it!! anyway life goes on and the house is a tip again you never know, the fact that we arent in a chain must count for something!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:12 pm
MnB

In danger of hi-jacking thread so quick post re house then back to layering!!
OH's ... dont you just love 'em ...say whats on their minds, no buttering up....'you either want it or you dont' ...at time thats best for ME!

Seriously though hope you get some luck soon, DS just been home for lunch and has had another sale this am + offer on house thats been on for ages, 12 sales this month, small town (8000 ish) small office 4 other est agents in town soooo things are moving ...honestly!

Our chain v small but our buyers bank has held things up big time, but now that buyers realise they've been holding everyone up they've chased things more.... so for exchange today or tomorrow
look out limbo land ....I wanna get off!!

Keep smiling B x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB
In danger of hi-jacking thread so quick post re house then back to layering!!
OH's ... dont you just love 'em ...say whats on their minds, no buttering up....'you either want it or you dont' ...at time thats best for ME!

Seriously though hope you get some luck soon, DS just been home for lunch and has had another sale this am + offer on house thats been on for ages, 12 sales this month, small town (8000 ish) small office 4 other est agents in town soooo things are moving ...honestly!

Our chain v small but our buyers bank has held things up big time, but now that buyers realise they've been holding everyone up they've chased things more.... so for exchange today or tomorrow
look out limbo land ....I wanna get off!!

Keep smiling B x
looks like no-one else is interested in layering anyhow!! no, sorry i'm very very interested! bet you cant wait, how exciting!! where are u heading?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:44 pm
MnB

looks like no-one else is interested in layering anyhow!! no, sorry i'm very very interested! bet you cant wait, how exciting!! where are u heading?
going to pm you & try to think about layering!