Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Introductions - please post here

Introductions - please post here

Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Lynne & Garry Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Introductions - please post here

Hello. We hope to come out to NZ Chrch area, around june/july 07. (with the dog) Once house has sold. Comming on VV. Hope to get jobs and rent place to live short term, if all goes well. Will then apply to stay. Leaving Married son and daughter here in uk. No Grandchildren yet so less to leave behind.
Cant wait. Apprehensive but thats only human. Kids both think it's agreat idea and they are backing us 100% they are already thinking of the holidays they can have with us in NZ.
Any advice from anyone who has already made the move will be most welcome. Especially anyone who has moved to the south island. We are both late 40s and been married 30 years. Selling up for a better & less stressfull life.
Lynne & Gaz Smith. Markfield in Leicestershire.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all
Default Re: Introductions - please post here

Your first name
Amy

Your current location
North Shropshire Market town

Where you hope to move to in NZ if you're not already there
Auckland (initially because of job opportunities) March 24th!!!!

Family status
Married for 2 1/2 years (OH is Trigod), no children

Visits made to NZ
None, have friends there and plenty of people who have visited and said it is perfect for us. Plus have researched, researched, RESEARCHED!!

Anything else!
Can't wait now! Christmas is all but over and we fly on March 21st with a stopover in Singapore. It will come around so quickly! BRING IT ON!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:07 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jjan3t
Anything else!

We (Andy and I) love getting muddy offroading at weekends
I used to do that, Made the shipping man give a funny look when I started talking about shipping all my offroading kit (tyres, ropes etc) I'll try to find new hunting ground's on North Island next year - or is it this year yet

Adie
Old Jan 1st 2007, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

spatch will become famous soon enough

First Names

Christine and Mick (or anything else you would like to call him!)

Your Current Location

Sunny Brighton - well actually it's raining at the moment!!

Where you would like to move to in NZ if you are not already there

Anywhere where Mick can get a job!

Family Status

Married (at present!) 2 kids. One of 11, and the other 19 who does not want to come with us. Asked her where in the world she would like to live - she said Brighton!!

Visits made to NZ

Coming over on the 31st March for 2 weeks. Have got to cram in as much as we can. Starting off in Auckland and ending up in Christchurch. Visiting as many BMW Garages as we can (no we havn't got a fetish about BMW Garages!!! Mick is a mechanic - or so he tells me!)

[B]Anything else[/B

Excellent thread. Happy New Year to everyone.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:56 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Your first name
Ellie

Your current location
Glasgow

Not sure but thinking Christchurch

Family status
Married with 3 kids

Visits made to NZ
Not been to NZ and probably won't go till we move!

Anything else!
I'm really scared and homesick about it all already!:scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:11 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Stephen and Melissa, arrived in NZ Feb 2004 on a visitors visa and did the whole immigration process onshore.

Living in Renwick, Marlborough. After two years in Auckland.

Stephen - Works as the sales manager for a company supplying the wine industry (best job in the world)

Melissa - Works in a vineyards, 2 mins down the road. Melissa also works for a local horse trekking setup and helps trains horses.

We are both well travelled and keen divers, Melissa is from Finland and I am from the UK. We met each other on New Years day in 2002 in the jungle in Thailand and been together ever since.

We are both in our late 30's, want to raise some sprogs now! :scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Your first name
Martin & Donna

Your Current Location
Glossop Derbyshire

Where you would like to move to in NZ if you are not already there
CCH

Family Status
Married 2 kids Leon 7 Isobel 3 & Dog Ivor

Visits made to NZ
1 last year North Island

Anything else!
Arriving CCH 14/01/07. No job on student visa . House sold ,Resigned from job , Shippers coming Thurs . Dog shippers paid for and most importantly Shittting myself.
Lastly Just ordered my Sling box so I can watch TV from the UK as NZ TV is crap. All else seems ok except Education ,Housing , ETC ,ETC.
Happy new year.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice
Smile Re: Introductions - please post here

Your first name
Alex
Your current location
Maunu/Whangarei
-
Family status
3 girls-10, 9 ,5
Visits made to NZ
OH made 1 trip for interview
Anything else!
not what we expected, however we are growing to love it....especially the beaches
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has become so popular that we've created your very own 'Introductions Forum'. So I will now close this thread.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Super, thanks Sue!