Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Interview time!!!!!

Interview time!!!!!

Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Interview time!!!!!

(cue the dramatic music)

Hava an over the telephone interview at 11pm Wed evening. My God, what on earth am I doing (cue more dramatic music :scared: :scared: ) It's a long time since I had an interview for a job (teaching) anyone got any clues as to what I can expect???? :scared: :scared:
JoannaD
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:20 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice
Default Re: Interview time!!!!!

Don't be scared. Most of us have phones now. I know you're in Lancashire but when it rings just take some deep breaths.......

Dunno, but best of luck and have some Karma!!!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

Thanks Den!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:11 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Den13
Don't be scared. Most of us have phones now. I know you're in Lancashire but when it rings just take some deep breaths.......

Dunno, but best of luck and have some Karma!!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

ledge is on a distinguished road

Don't panic - I ended up having my interview on a mobile, sat in a car park outside my daughter's university halls of residence, in the middle of moving her back in at the start of term, and in the end I found it to be more than :scared:

The questions seemed quite inocuous - "have you ever lived ouside UK before?" yes we'd lived in France and Switzerland when the kids were still pre-school, "have you got any support network in NZ?" - no, next question please, "are you familiar with living costs/house prices etc in NZ?" yes....isn't the internet a wonderful thing....

Two months later there was the Approved in Principle letter.....just got to sell up and pack up now
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Just relax and you'll be fine !!
Have a hot bath and put your PJ's on before the interview !!!
Have a copy of your cv to hand and make a list of questions that you want to ask them.
Have a pen and paper handy so you can make notes from what they are saying to you {? to use as evidence later }

I was interviewed for a nursing post in just the same manner, sitting there in my nightie and slippers. Half way through the interview the emerency bell on the ward began to ring and they had to stop questioning me while they checked it out !!!

And no alcohol... even if it is JUST for Dutch Courage.
Good luck
Gill
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:23 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

So how did it go??
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Absolutely no idea. Will hear in 10 to 14 days. Very surreal it was, at 11.30pm chatting to someone that was goodness only knows how many miles away....

JoannaD
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:36 pm
Make pumps lots......

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Absolutely no idea. Will hear in 10 to 14 days. Very surreal it was, at 11.30pm chatting to someone that was goodness only knows how many miles away....

JoannaD

lol!! Well have some Karma for good measure...and fingers crossed!!