Reload this Page >

Interview for consultant post

Interview for consultant post

Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

robhob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview for consultant post

Hi Zoe,
that sounds great, hopefully your future colleague can shed some light on the matter.
I look forward to hearing from you, have a great weekend!
Regards,

Robert

P.S.: No, I am not in the army (british or otherwise) - german psychiatrist, trained and working in Germany, albeit with an english mum and lots of growing up overseas.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Psycho19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I am looking for consultant jobs in adult...just started the process...can anyone advice on areas which are better? For kids? Didn't realise u have to bargain for salary??
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there guys.
You will see I have snipped out your personal email addy's from the open forum. Best to keep the personals private until you know who you are really talking with
One can always send a BE private message or an email via Be to another user. Simply click their profile and select that option. It's safer that way and you still get to connect with each other.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Pushkinias is an unknown quantity at this point

Psycho19, you don't have to bargain for your pay as this is governed by the MECA collective agreement (national terms and conditions), however, you may be able to negotiate on your relocation costs. Good luck.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Interview for consultant post

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there guys.
You will see I have snipped out your personal email addy's from the open forum. Best to keep the personals private until you know who you are really talking with
One can always send a BE private message or an email via Be to another user. Simply click their profile and select that option. It's safer that way and you still get to connect with each other.
Thanks BEVS,
good tip, it seems as if muchamamma and I will be working for the same DHB.
Have a great week,

Cheers

Rob
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pushkinias
Psycho19, you don't have to bargain for your pay as this is governed by the MECA collective agreement (national terms and conditions), however, you may be able to negotiate on your relocation costs. Good luck.
Hi Psycho19,
you will be able to negotiate on the relocation costs - once you do have a job offer you can send your contract to ASMS (http://www.asms.org.nz/). They will go through your contract with you and tell you what to look out for. I found them to be extremely helpful and would advise anyone negotiating to contact them. While their advice is free of charge, they do expect you to join ASMS once in NZ (750 NZ$ p.a., well invested imho).
Also, when converting your consultant experience to the MECA step, subtracting three from your years of experience will give you the correct MECA salary step - As of 1 Jan 2012, the previous 15 MECA steps changed to 12 steps, with a previous step 4 (4 years experience and less) moving horizontally to a step 1. My 8 years translates accordingly to a step 5 salary scale.
Work-related costs (reg. fees, etc.) and Educational allowances are set by the MECA and are very generous (at least by german standards).
Good luck with your applications,

Rob