Interview

Old May 30th 2012, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

fizzywine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview

Hi,

I've been asked to attend an interview next week in Auckland. Do I have to have a business visa or a normal tourist visa?

Thanks
Old May 30th 2012, 11:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview

how long do you intend to stay for, I personally would say just a normal vistors visa and not mention its for a job interview if you are asked at the airport. don't be carrying any paper CV's with you
Old May 31st 2012, 12:16 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

two things
I'd be very wary about coming all this for an interview, (unless the job's a real pearl, or you've passed hurdles to get it, or it's for a 'big' company - story on that later)
Second when we came looking for work we did so on visitors visa, and we brought all our docs and certs and CV's with us, but we phoned NZ house BEFORE coming and asked them what's the best way of doing a job search

Now story, before coming we did quite a bit of leg work and had some interviews lined up. One was for a supposedly 'big' Aus/NZ company. We didn't tell them that we had other interviews, (let them think we'd paid over a thousand pounds just to be at their interview), The interview went well and we were told we'll let you know. Still waiting to know - 7 years later! How rude - but imagine having spent all that money only to be given the run round!
Old May 31st 2012, 1:31 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Sparkie, I'd be a bit worried about coming over just for one interview. I see that you previously said you wanted to come over to look around anyway, can you take the interview opportunity to come over and do that at the same time? also have agency interviews/other interviews set up at the same time.

What line of work are you in?
Old May 31st 2012, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

See if you cant get some other interviews lined up, either with prospective employers or job agencies. Seems a bit of a waste to come all this way just for one interview, obviously if its genuine and you get it, then it will be brilliant. Also take some time to look around your preferred area, housing, schools (if needed), etc etc. Good luck.
Old May 31st 2012, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

fizzywine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help guys. Think I may just come over with a normal visa and see what happens!!