Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Internet providers

Internet providers

Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:56 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Internet providers

Hi,
I have been looking into internet providers and mobile phones, i have a couple of mobiles that i will bring over with me and had both unlocked, so i guess i just buy a sim once i worked out the best package, so can anyone recommend a service provider, i have looked at vodaphone and i was confused as hell, i basically want internet for my phone and at home, preferably wireless for laptops etc, and what are the speeds like, i suppose i should wait a few weeks till we get there, but like to get my head around certain things before hand, it dont help that i am on my last night shift and have to much time on my hands!!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet providers

My past research came to the conclusion that data on mobile phone tariffs and smart phones hasn't caught on as much as the UK.

With regards to internet, i dont think there are any unlimited download packages but in the major cities ADSL2, speeds are good.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mwhite1962
Hi,
I have been looking into internet providers and mobile phones, i have a couple of mobiles that i will bring over with me and had both unlocked, so i guess i just buy a sim once i worked out the best package, so can anyone recommend a service provider, i have looked at vodaphone and i was confused as hell, i basically want internet for my phone and at home, preferably wireless for laptops etc, and what are the speeds like, i suppose i should wait a few weeks till we get there, but like to get my head around certain things before hand, it dont help that i am on my last night shift and have to much time on my hands!!
You can get a Vodafone pay-as-you-go SIM card before you leave. It means you can tell family & friends about it and simply plug it in went you arrive. Then visit any Vodafone shop to upgrade to a contract with internet, etc.

We got our SIM card from www.0044.co.uk and it arrived in two days (weather permitting).

Vodafone also provide landlines with broadband with deals on MySkyHDi (kiwi version of Sky HD) so revisit your Vodafone shop to get the best option for you.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:42 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info.i have looked on the vodafone site, still confusing as i am not how much download i want etc, 3mb dont mean a lot to me, sure i will find out. Thanks for your help.

M