Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Internet/phone/TV packages

Internet/phone/TV packages

Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Internet/phone/TV packages

I've been trying to sort out which package to use but am totally confused. I want wireless internet, TV ideally with a DVR/Sky box...if a phone comes with the package that's OK but not essential as I have a UK cell phone. Anyone got any suggestions please?

Do I have to pay BT for the phone line if I use another provider?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:08 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet/phone/TV packages

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've been trying to sort out which package to use but am totally confused. I want wireless internet, TV ideally with a DVR/Sky box...if a phone comes with the package that's OK but not essential as I have a UK cell phone. Anyone got any suggestions please?

Do I have to pay BT for the phone line if I use another provider?
I think sky actually do a package to include internet........No you dont have to pay BT for the phone line.....But if their is no phone line already connected you will have to pay BT to install the line......Its resently cost me £99 for a line.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:11 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
I think sky actually do a package to include internet........No you dont have to pay BT for the phone line.....But if their is no phone line already connected you will have to pay BT to install the line......Its resently cost me £99 for a line.

http://packages.sky.com/surf/?CMP=KNC-UKesalesSearch
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. There is an existing phone and internet line already in the house. Just have to sort out what I want then get it connected. Thank you for the link...I've been looking at the sites that compare the different packages but it's so confusing. I am not living in the house...just staying there from time to time so I don't really need a package with all the bells and whistles.

I've been reading about Catch Up TV. For a fee you can watch missed programs from the internet...something that we can do for free in the US. That would eliminate the need for a DVR I suppose.

I've also considered buying a dongle and using a pay as you go package but coverage is very poor in my area.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:16 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thank you. There is an existing phone and internet line already in the house. Just have to sort out what I want then get it connected. Thank you for the link...I've been looking at the sites that compare the different packages but it's so confusing. I am not living in the house...just staying there from time to time so I don't really need a package with all the bells and whistles.

I've been reading about Catch Up TV. For a fee you can watch missed programs from the internet...something that we can do for free in the US. That would eliminate the need for a DVR I suppose.

I've also considered buying a dongle and using a pay as you go package but coverage is very poor in my area.
I've only ever had pay as you go, you can get sky tv on the internet too....Not sure what it costs