British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Internet Coverage of THe Ashes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/internet-coverage-ashes-817032/)

TommyLuck Dec 6th 2013 1:02 am

Internet Coverage of THe Ashes

Hello fellow Cricket fans.

I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't listen to radio coverage of the 1st Test due to rights reasons. Apparently no-one outside of the UK or Australia could get coverage. Which was ridiculous given the amount of Brits and Aussies dotted around the world who love their Cricket.

Fortunately, Cricket Australia saw sense and have made coverage from both ABC Radio and the BBC available here;

http://www.cricket.com.au/live/audio-stream

It's legitimate and the streams are good. I'm listening as I type this.

Unfortunately, England are still being steamrollered. 4 sessions in the 2nd Test and England are under the pump for the series, at best :unsure:

Clappy Dec 6th 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Internet Coverage of THe Ashes

Thanks!

It has been a long time since I last had the chance to listen to Test Match Special.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed listening to Geoffrey Boycott. :rolleyes:

chocolate cake Dec 8th 2013 8:22 am

Ta, for providing that link, I'll try it tomorrow & listening to what I expect will be the last rites of the Ashes tomorrow :-( but I fear it will long finished by the time I get home from work.

It's strange the beebs sports extra coverage on the net and what get's blocked & what doesn't, it tends to be very haphazard, with much of England's home NZ TMS coverage being available, yet the series here was blocked.

The local NZ sports radio station did carry some of the 2010/11 Ashes coverage in the evening, but no sign this time around.

I've just been following it this time via the internet text coverage, and then listening to the Aggers/Boycs podcasts. So far bar that first day in the first test in Brisbane it's been horrid listening. The batting in this test has been shocking, where do they go from here? being sure to me two down tomorrow, and on to Perth where we've lost our 6 games :-(

Still we can only hope for rain tomorrow and a great escape, there is some predicted at least https://www.google.co.uk/#q=weather+adelaide
me thinks, it needs to be more than the shower.

bearskin Dec 10th 2013 1:10 am

England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army
England..the Barmy Army

chocolate cake Dec 16th 2013 9:25 am

Well it was nice to listen to TMS again, and the times of the Perth test are good for evening listening. Been away kayaking/camping over the weekend, so escaped most of the latest humiliation but the last rites of the Ashes seem certain to be served in the first session tomorrow, after another dreadful few days.

Sadly they've been surrendered in a very meek fashion, barely a fight at all. It's not as if they're playing a decent team, like most of the 90's and early 00's tours.

Tom1983 Dec 16th 2013 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by chocolate cake (Post 11039129)
Well it was nice to listen to TMS again, and the times of the Perth test are good for evening listening. Been away kayaking/camping over the weekend, so escaped most of the latest humiliation but the last rites of the Ashes seem certain to be served in the first session tomorrow, after another dreadful few days.

Sadly they've been surrendered in a very meek fashion, barely a fight at all. It's not as if they're playing a decent team, like most of the 90's and early 00's tours.

We should have known something like this was possible after the test series over here, where we barely escaped a draw (miss the rain and it more than likely would have been a 2-1 victory to the hosts).

I don't think wholesale changes are needed but one does wonder why the likes of Chris Tremlett and Jonny Bairstow have been overlooked.