Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

international money transfer?

international money transfer?

Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

scunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nicescunnybunny is just really nice
Default international money transfer?

Any advice on transfering funds from the UKwould be really apprieciated? We have set up an account in new zealand just need to get the money there

Kind regards

donna
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: international money transfer?

We used HiFX - pretty good rate and straightforward process.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scunnybunny
Any advice on transfering funds from the UKwould be really apprieciated? We have set up an account in new zealand just need to get the money there

Kind regards

donna
we used nzforex.look at top of page.good service,good rate,easily set up
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

The exchange rate's bloody awful right now, so unless you absolutely must have the funds in NZ$, I would suggest opening a GBP account in NZ, transfer money over, then do the exchange at your leisure.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:31 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

do you pay tax on the money you being over that isn't earnings - for example what you've saved? If you do our lump sum isn't going to go very far!

I've got a couple of small saving schemes that will mature after we have left Britian - would i have to pay tax on those cos i've already paid tax on the money i earnt to put into the savings?

Thanks