Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Interesting washing line observation...

Interesting washing line observation...

Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all
Default Re: Interesting washing line observation...

Originally Posted by lardyl
I'd trademark that one...

could it be that the sun is upside down in NZ? - polarisevapocondensation, possibly?
or, to do with the Coriolis force thingie (you know - why the water goes down the plughole the wrong way)? - rotatoperspirational-reflux perhaps?

in my experience drying is down to fabric type first, but I'd expect the pillow cases to dry quickly......unless you were lazy and left the other washing stuffed inside - I've gone that with socks...doh...
otherwise the suns rays could have refected off the lights and increased the solar gain on the darks.....
or were the lights more in the shade....
or was the wind blowing past the darks towards the lights....
or your mangle was playing up when you wrung the lights out.....
or sh!t happens......????
hee hee
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=
i also want to know if ducks wee in the water - that one has mithered me for many years.[/QUOTE]

Ducks don't wee... but boy can they pooh! and yes they do it in water!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Ducks do wee, the wee is mixed with the pooh in the cloaca before being excreted via one orifice [the vent]

Right duck anatomy lesson over, I want to know about the washing drying!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Ducks do wee, the wee is mixed with the pooh in the cloaca before being excreted via one orifice [the vent]
Splitting hairs!!! OK ducks don't just wee!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:00 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Splitting hairs!!! OK ducks don't just wee!!
Just couldn't resist it...
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
i have one but refuse to use it.

as tight as a badger's arse me.......... oh blimey have i revealed too much?
You didn't hang your washing UNDER the canpoy/gazeebo thing from Saturday night did you???
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen
Oh yeah I see what you mean, i put mine out this morn and after reading your post just collected them in and still damp (light whites), how strange
Just what I would have expected. A woman to ask this question and a MAN to answer it. You would not believe the problems I have trying to explain the principles of how a thermostat works to Gill.

Rob
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you that if you have stains on your whites and you leave them out over night on the line the stains will fade. Works especially well if it rains.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:30 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I can tell you that if you have stains on your whites and you leave them out over night on the line the stains will fade. Works especially well if it rains.

Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

eh? is this true

wot kindof stains
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:42 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by owen
eh? is this true

wot kindof stains
thats why cloth nappy users will swear by line drying and the sun - the only safe bleaching that works on poop stains.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been told that too by a friend of mine.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:35 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

thats why cloth nappy users will swear by line drying and the sun - the only safe bleaching that works on poop stains.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508145
its the final part of every top loader cycle..........
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:33 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

mithered
What a lovely word - a good old Yorkshire one I believe - I love a good mither! A day isn't right unless you've mithered a bit.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spid
What a lovely word - a good old Yorkshire one I believe - I love a good mither! A day isn't right unless you've mithered a bit.
......of course its not so good if *you've* been excessively mithered by A N Other......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.