Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Interesting money saving tip thing...

Interesting money saving tip thing...

Old Jul 6th 2013, 9:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Interesting money saving tip thing...

So I signed up for a credit card with a great rewards scheme because it was free for a year. My year of freeness will be coming to an end and I didn't fancy paying for the card but noticed that another bank where offering almost exactly the same deal (i.e. sign up for a year and get it free).

I went into my bank to cancel my card and explained to the girl over the counter what I was doing. She then told me that if I cancelled the card and then reapplied (which only took signing a single form) I could get it free again as I would be classed as a "new customer".

Result: $90ish of card fees waved, probably perpetually given the nature of what they are doing.

The only thing I'm left wondering is...who is still paying for financial services? Only the gullible it seems .