Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Insurance extension...?

Wikiposts

Insurance extension...?

Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Insurance extension...?

Got a lettter and invoice in the post today from our movers in the UK asking for over £300 for an extension on our marine insurance????

When we paid them for the move we made them fully aware of the timescales involved and had our quote after they knew every detail.

At the UK end we told them there would be a max two week delay in letting them know if it was Wellington or Auckland for the shipping and this was fine we were told and actually they were given Auckland as a destination well within two weeks of finishing the packing.

For some reason they didn't get the container on a ship for nearly three weeks after that and it arrived here in Auckland on the 25th Sept, being collected from the port on the 28th. At this end our stuff is due for delivery on the 16th October and we've had to pay a handling fee for NZVlines to store the stuff beyond the 10 days container return limit.

Has anyone been asked for more money to extend their insurance when the delivery has been delayed by a maximum of a maybe three weeks??

The bizarre thing is the extension quotes extending the insurance from the 12th sept which is actually while it was still at sea???

I'm hoping this is a cock up at the UK end but in any case i'll be ringing them tonight.

Just wondered if this scenario has struck a chord with anyone else?

Our packing was finished on the 18th July and will be delivered on the 16th October a period of just under 3 months and a timescale i thought would be coverd by the premium surely..............is there a set time on marine insurance?

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 8th 2007 at 12:41 pm.