British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/insurance-520450/)

newzealandplease Mar 10th 2008 7:37 am

insurance

Hi, not been on in a while, busy busy busy!

Well sorted out a rental in Tauranga at last, furnished. So the house and contents are insured. However I'd like to insure my own possessions (comp, camera and mountain bike). Can anyone recommend a policy type/company that will let me do this?

cheers

irnbru14 Mar 10th 2008 7:56 am

Re: insurance

Originally Posted by newzealandplease (Post 6041157)
Hi, not been on in a while, busy busy busy!

Well sorted out a rental in Tauranga at last, furnished. So the house and contents are insured. However I'd like to insure my own possessions (comp, camera and mountain bike). Can anyone recommend a policy type/company that will let me do this?

cheers

I'm the same, just sorted out my own contents insurance through my bank...

cappuccino Mar 10th 2008 8:09 am

I insured with State - they gave me discount cos I have motor insurance with them, and also got Fly Buys.

owen Mar 10th 2008 8:52 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 6041200)
I insured with State - they gave me discount cos I have motor insurance with them, and also got Fly Buys.

OOH thats a good idea, in the same boat and hadn't thought of the discount. Getting quite obsessed with flybuys too:rofl::huh::(

Am Loolah Mar 10th 2008 8:56 am

Originally Posted by owen (Post 6041288)
OOH thats a good idea, in the same boat and hadn't thought of the discount. Getting quite obsessed with flybuys too:rofl::huh::(

I hear good things about State, there's also AMI. It's on my "To Do" list - 11 months late!:o

owen Mar 10th 2008 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 6041302)
I hear good things about State, there's also AMI. It's on my "To Do" list - 11 months late!:o

I found ami HUGHLY more expensive on the car front, went with state. They were brilliant when I had to claim 1 week later!!!:ohmy:

Am Loolah Mar 10th 2008 10:37 am

Originally Posted by owen (Post 6041615)
I found ami HUGHLY more expensive on the car front, went with state. They were brilliant when I had to claim 1 week later!!!:ohmy:

Wish I'd done it last week, before a passing car threw up a stone into my windscreen and cracked it - $400 to replace without insurance?!:o

Silly little me.

I know Danny.F claimed with State and got a great response, I'm pretty sure that was contents.

owen Mar 10th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 6041641)
Wish I'd done it last week, before a passing car threw up a stone into my windscreen and cracked it - $400 to replace without insurance?!:o

Silly little me.

I know Danny.F claimed with State and got a great response, I'm pretty sure that was contents.

Thats an ouch!! I think i have a $50 excess on windscreens, ooof!

My only gripe was the on hold times with the claims line, but otherwise it was very good. They wouldn't replace my missing cds tho cos they argued they aren't integral to the car and i should claim on the house insurance. Don't have a house:thumbdown:

Am Loolah Mar 10th 2008 10:44 am

Originally Posted by owen (Post 6041656)
Thats an ouch!! I think i have a $50 excess on windscreens, ooof!

My only gripe was the on hold times with the claims line, but otherwise it was very good. They wouldn't replace my missing cds tho cos they argued they aren't integral to the car and i should claim on the house insurance. Don't have a house:thumbdown:

It was more to do with the quality of the CD's I'm sure, when you mentioned Spandau Ballet & Bananaramma they decided not to pay out!:p

owen Mar 10th 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 6041675)
It was more to do with the quality of the CD's I'm sure, when you mentioned Spandau Ballet & Bananaramma they decided not to pay out!:p

Ha ha yeah and my Kajagoogoo, Classix Nouveaux, Naked Eyes, and ABC!!:rofl:

I will actually keep quiet about some of the real cds, it makes me laugh when I think of the B*ST*RD who broke in strutting back to his hole with my collection thinking "what the hell??.....":thumbsup: