Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Insight into the mind of a genius

Insight into the mind of a genius

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:03 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Insight into the mind of a genius

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:47 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insight into the mind of a genius

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:35 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope he is planning on doing a proper double blind study and standardising his finger pressure perhaps by using a mechanical vice type instrument or the results will be worthless
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Insight into the mind of a genius

Originally Posted by Persephone
I do hope he is planning on doing a proper double blind study and standardising his finger pressure perhaps by using a mechanical vice type instrument or the results will be worthless
Because the test is a mechanical one without a subjective element I don’t think doing it double blind would make a difference. The forces exerted must be equal and opposite in nature by definition, difficult to change the outcome at will because it's a real test with a defined outcome.

Now let’s discuss the mating characteristics of M&Ms and their European cousins smarties and skittles, asexual reproduction?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 1:07 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Because the test is a mechanical one without a subjective element I don’t think doing it double blind would make a difference. The forces exerted must be equal and opposite in nature by definition, difficult to change the outcome at will because it's a real test with a defined outcome.

Now let’s discuss the mating characteristics of M&Ms and their European cousins smarties and skittles, asexual reproduction?
It depends on how he is doing it. I actually read it as he had one M&M in his right and one in his left hands. Hence my comments about needing a blinded study and some way of equalising the force on the two sweets.

Having read it again and after your last post I see that he has both sweets between the finger and thumb of the same hand so yes no need for blinding or a vice- the wonders of being sober astound me once again

As for reproduction, I reckon they use binary fission. None of the varying species of spheroid shaped sweet appear to have any sexual organs to speak of [the same could be applied to some humans I suppose] so this does seem the most logical conclusion. Gives me something to think about whilst the earth moves!! Nothing else to do here
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Insight into the mind of a genius

You need to think about this again, even in separate hands by definition both M&Ms must exert an equal force unless there is acceleration taking place.

Originally Posted by Persephone
Nothing else to do here
Have you considered looting? Not the warehouse or anything tacky but designer furniture shops and such, nice things for middle class people .
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Charismatic
You need to think about this again, even in separate hands by definition both M&Ms must exert an equal force unless there is acceleration taking place.

Have you considered looting? Not the warehouse or anything tacky but designer furniture shops and such, nice things for middle class people .
You misunderstand my misunderstanding. I thought he had one sweet only in each hand and was comparing which one cracked the first - that would be the winner. Therefore quite likely that differing amounts of pressure would be exerted on the sweet by each hand. Not exerting pressure on two sweets one on top of the other I must think and be a little less under the influence of alcohol when I type...

As for looting, too busy hiding under the bedclothes whimpering