Reload this Page >

Initial Advice please...

Initial Advice please...

Old Jul 7th 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

mummy2three is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Advice please...

Hello everyone,

I have to admit I am a bit of a fraud, I have spent the last 5 1/2 years planning on emigrating to Australia... However, every now and again we consider NZ and I think the unknown is what puts us off each time. We spent years looking at emigrating to Oz and so know the procedure etc and so we didn't pursue NZ...

However, As you may know Oz had recently changed their pricing structure for a PR Visa and as a family of 5 our visa has gone from AUD$3060 to $7600 (approx.) and whilst that is a drop in the ocean in terms of emigrating we begrudge handing that over to the Oz Govt especially when looking at the same visa in NZ its NZ$2400.

Something doesn't seem right here and we are thinking the money saved us money towards our first mortgage, therefore I am asking the New Zealanders past and present whether you can advise me as to the pro's and con's.

I am studying to be a MH nurse and will be qualified in Sept 2014. I would like to emigrate as soon as possible afterwards.

I have a hubby and 3 children.

We would be looking for a reasonable 3 bed minimum house with a medium sized garden and close to the ocean.

Location wise - for weather I think we would prefer to head towards Auckland.

We are not after a rich lifestyle, just enough to get by without getting in debt, small amount of savings each month and live in a safe area with access to the beach or water activities for the children.

Is NZ suitable for us?
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:45 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial Advice please...

firstly from what I can recall the application for some nursing positions have changed/been removed from the skilled lists. I think also you have to have at least 2 yrs experience after qualifying to meet the NZ standards. Your best bet is to contact the NZ Nursing council http://nursingcouncil.org.nz/

You would need to check on the Immigration website if you are the principal applicant
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...esidreview.htm

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 7th 2013 at 7:53 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

mummy2three is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
firstly from what I can recall the application for some nursing positions have changed/been removed from the skilled lists. I think also you have to have at least 2 yrs experience after qualifying to meet the NZ standards. Your best bet is to contact the NZ Nursing council http://nursingcouncil.org.nz/

You would need to check on the Immigration website if you are the principal applicant
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...esidreview.htm
Thankyou, well that might answer that query then...

Its a shame, was really starting to enjoy looking round and learn about NZ but I suppose I will just have to enjoy visiting you all on our holidays!
Old Jul 7th 2013, 9:30 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummy2three

I have a hubby and 3 children.

We would be looking for a reasonable 3 bed minimum house with a medium sized garden and close to the ocean.

Location wise - for weather I think we would prefer to head towards Auckland.

We are not after a rich lifestyle, just enough to get by without getting in debt, small amount of savings each month and live in a safe area with access to the beach or water activities for the children.

Is NZ suitable for us?
Auckland - Beautiful city, variable weather, expensive housing and cost of living.

The East Coast of New Zealand, from Gisborne in the North Island to Christchurch in the South Island, has better weather, much cheaper housing, more space for your garden to grow,

We live in Marlborough in the top of the South Island, we have a young family, modest three bed house, with a medium sized garden, with easy access to the beach.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 10:19 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

found this which highlights the new changes and also states you need to get IELTS as well to be able to apply.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...qualifications