Info on Tauranga

Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

jussie2204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Tauranga

Hi we looking into moving over to NZ and looking at Tauranga....

Open to options to where about in Tauranga hopefully hubby will pick up work there. He is a joiner and has been for 15 yrs anyone what the work is like ?

Any ideas on schools ans can you recommend any areas with good schools ? Did your kids setle in ok ?

Mum and dad live in Whakatane they emigrated 7yrs ago but too small for us, when we were there there was not alot for teenagers to do.

I take it it is worth while to bring out all our own stuff, been checking out the prices of stuff and quiet expensive. Also been on supermarket websiite trying to price up cost of living, gain wee bit more expensive than uk.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on Tauranga

Originally Posted by jussie2204
Hi we looking into moving over to NZ and looking at Tauranga....

Open to options to where about in Tauranga hopefully hubby will pick up work there. He is a joiner and has been for 15 yrs anyone what the work is like ?

Any ideas on schools ans can you recommend any areas with good schools ? Did your kids setle in ok ?

Mum and dad live in Whakatane they emigrated 7yrs ago but too small for us, when we were there there was not alot for teenagers to do.

I take it it is worth while to bring out all our own stuff, been checking out the prices of stuff and quiet expensive. Also been on supermarket websiite trying to price up cost of living, gain wee bit more expensive than uk.
Trades people have probably suffered one of the most in the recession over the last 18 months, partly due to a slow down in the new homes market. Whether there has been any improvement so far this year I don't know. I'm pretty sure joiner will not be on the skilled shortage lists though or will you be the Principal Applicant?

Tauranga is bigger than people, including myself before I came, think. Have a look on the Wiki for some information.

You'll basically be able to choose from city, beach or rural as a starting point. The schools are almost all zoned so will depend on where you choose to settle. What age are your children? I have a child at Mount Maunganui College, one at Tauranga Girls and two at Tahatai Coast School, links on the Wiki. They all settled pretty well, but teenagers are teenagers the world over.

We bought everything in a 40ft container, plus 2 large dogs!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:50 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

didnt the dogs run wild in the container?
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:59 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by this charming man
didnt the dogs run wild in the container?
D'oh!