Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Importation of bikes

Importation of bikes

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Question Importation of bikes

Hi,
Can anyone provide an answer on bringing bicycles into NZ? Over and above making sure that tyres etc are scrupulously clean are there any other restrictions? I have read on the MAF Biosecurity site about restrictions on tyre imports but assume that these relate only to commercial bulk imports.

In a similar vein, I realise that there are restrictions on the importation on carved items of exotic wood etc but what about kitchen utensils such as wooden spoons, chopping boards an so on. It must be possible to bring in some wood items otherwise it would preclude about 80% of most peoples furniture!

Thanks,
RA
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:55 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importation of bikes

we took our bikes over no problem , i just gave them a wee wipe with a flash wipe!
Also wooden stuff - fine - we took everything, wicker, down duvets, camping gear, gardening implements, you name it we took it. MAF were lovely, said they really arent trying to get you into trouble, our man told us that the most important thing they were looking to check was for seeds, one of our garden spades was put in by mistake and it was covered in mud! he looked at it and said it was ok. Oh a friend of ours had a stuffed owl ( no idea why!) he wasnt allowed to bring it.