Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Implementation unit'

'Implementation unit'

Old May 4th 2021, 12:05 am
  #1  
Truth is the safest lie.
Thread Starter
 
Charismatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: @ the beach.
Posts: 6,881
Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Implementation unit'

Deputy PM Grant Robertson setting up new 'implementation unit' to make sure Government policies actually happen.

Have to admit when I first skim read it I laughed expecting it to be a bit of tongue-in-cheek writing by some mischievous satirist. It is not. Can we just all agree that, going forwards and for the public benefit, Government will not make actual announcements that could easily be confused with satirical comedy announcements?
Charismatic is offline  
Old May 4th 2021, 7:59 am
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bo-Jangles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: In a large village called Auckland
Posts: 5,039
Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Implementation unit'

That's all well and good but I see a gap - we will need someone to oversee the implementation of the “Implementation Unit”.
Bo-Jangles is offline  
Old May 4th 2021, 10:46 am
  #3  
Truth is the safest lie.
Thread Starter
 
Charismatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: @ the beach.
Posts: 6,881
Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Implementation unit'

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
That's all well and good but I see a gap - we will need someone to oversee the implementation of the “Implementation Unit”.
Obviously there will need to be a committee formed to produce an annual report through a public consultation process which will then be drafted into a set of recommendations for the relevant government ministers who can form working groups to assess the potential impacts on services and finances of associated departments of implementing such reforms.

As is a time honoured tradition in New Zealand a future government will then scrap all of that and do whatever it was they wanted to do anyway.
​​​​​​
Charismatic is offline  
Old May 5th 2021, 8:00 pm
  #4  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bo-Jangles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: In a large village called Auckland
Posts: 5,039
Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Implementation unit'

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Obviously there will need to be a committee formed to produce an annual report through a public consultation process which will then be drafted into a set of recommendations for the relevant government ministers who can form working groups to assess the potential impacts on services and finances of associated departments of implementing such reforms.

As is a time honoured tradition in New Zealand a future government will then scrap all of that and do whatever it was they wanted to do anyway.
​​​​​​
I think you could actually say the same for most businesses over here; change the word government to manager and it sounds a lot like my office. Minutes of meetings get taken, stuff gets put on an action list, people get a little bit busy for a few days afterwards and then spend an inordinate amount of time 'writing a paper' outlining the the benefits and risks to bring back to the group for consultation and that never quite gets finished and and then eventually buried or forgotten.
Bo-Jangles is offline  
Old May 6th 2021, 12:24 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: bottom of the world
Posts: 4,156
Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Implementation unit'

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
I think you could actually say the same for most businesses over here; change the word government to manager and it sounds a lot like my office. Minutes of meetings get taken, stuff gets put on an action list, people get a little bit busy for a few days afterwards and then spend an inordinate amount of time 'writing a paper' outlining the the benefits and risks to bring back to the group for consultation and that never quite gets finished and and then eventually buried or forgotten.
Probably says volumes about the level of importance of the subject matter in the first place.
Justcol is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.