Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration Policy Changes - Whatever Next

Immigration Policy Changes - Whatever Next

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Policy Changes - Whatever Next

Does anyone else find it really strange that owning a certain type of credit card for people coming from China, will make it easier to get into the country?

I get the investor thing, but wouldn't we see a Tesco Visa card holder getting fast tracked as a little odd too?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Immigration Policy Changes - Whatever Next

Article
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, thank you BEVS
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:28 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Does anyone else find it really strange that owning a certain type of credit card for people coming from China, will make it easier to get into the country?

I get the investor thing, but wouldn't we see a Tesco Visa card holder getting fast tracked as a little odd too?
But it is for visitors and business trips and not immigration ?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I believe it is for visitors but just seems a really odd criteria to apply to something like Immigration policy.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 11:41 pm
`

I'm actually a bit confused about all this at the moment.

Even if you are from a visitor visa waiver country you still need to be able to show proof of funds. Read here. Difference being that you show proof of funds and not the additional proof of employment/source of funds etc.

China is not a visitor visa waiver country. Neither is Russia for that matter and Russia shows the requirement to prove funds which includes Credit Card statements & also the employment/source of said funds

It makes me wonder if the way is being paved for China to shift from it's citizens having to show intent & ability to return to China via the proof of employment / business etc. to becoming a visa waiver country where that is put on trust.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

beroger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm actually a bit confused about all this at the moment.

Even if you are from a visitor visa waiver country you still need to be able to show proof of funds. Read here. Difference being that you show proof of funds and not the additional proof of employment/source of funds etc.

China is not a visitor visa waiver country. Neither is Russia for that matter and Russia shows the requirement to prove funds which includes Credit Card statements & also the employment/source of said funds

It makes me wonder if the way is being paved for China to shift from it's citizens having to show intent & ability to return to China via the proof of employment / business etc. to becoming a visa waiver country where that is put on trust.
The chinese recently visited NZ so it would be a gesture of goodwill as far as the politics is concerned, but policy can change so as politican s mind......
Old Dec 1st 2014, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

beroger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beroger
The chinese president recently visited NZ so it would be a gesture of goodwill as far as the politics is concerned, but policy can change so as politican s mind......
I mean the president..,,oops
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see anything wrong with trying to attract wealthy foreigners
If they invest in nz and create jobs and wealth then who cares what they had to do to get here
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:50 am
`

It is an Australian thread that has brought this back to my mind.

Actually, I care Justcol.

This would not be about attracting the wealthy of China. Those folk would have enough and more to show the wealth.

This would be about relaxing controls.