Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration opportunities for Brits

Immigration opportunities for Brits

Old Aug 16th 2022, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Capitalmind is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Immigration opportunities for Brits

I am a British expat and a New Zealand citizen. I consult numerous businesses Nationwide and often come across opportunities that I myself would have looked at in the past. NZ is tightening up immigration standards to some degree to encourage highly skilled or wealthy people. NZ is after all a 'golden visa' country. If you are looking at opportunities here, I can likely assist to some degree. Naturally any visa requirements will need to be met by immigration (DIA) but I can often match people to areas that best suit, opportunities that might fit regardless of budget and some of the practicalities of living in NZ and shipping your stuff. Happy to answer general questions.

Note I've been lurking since 2011 but only started reusing this site recently because of the above! If you have a background in IT to any degree or construction, opportunities abound. Others are available and I'd like to be your man on the ground in New Zealand!

If you need help, let me help!

Last edited by Capitalmind; Aug 16th 2022 at 3:44 am.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 3:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Immigration opportunities for Brits

Originally Posted by indyexpat
I am a British expat and a New Zealand citizen. I consult numerous businesses Nationwide and often come across opportunities that I myself would have looked at in the past. NZ is tightening up immigration standards to some degree to encourage highly skilled or wealthy people. NZ is after all a 'golden visa' country. If you are looking at opportunities here, I can likely assist to some degree. Naturally any visa requirements will need to be met by immigration (DIA) but I can often match people to areas that best suit, opportunities that might fit regardless of budget and some of the practicalities of living in NZ and shipping your stuff. Happy to answer general questions.

Note I've been lurking since 2011 but only started reusing this site recently because of the above! If you have a background in IT to any degree or construction, opportunities abound. Others are available and I'd like to be your man on the ground in New Zealand!
It is usual for professionals to provide their credentials by inserting their website or linked in profiles to their signatures.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Capitalmind is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I'd try a friendly introduction first. I'm not an immigration consultant, I'm a commercial guy with a lot of knowledge of the challenges of moving internationally. I might do a video presentation and see if there's appetite from there. Thanks for your comment.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 4:20 am
`

OK. So are you in NZ now then? Only DIA is Dept of Internal Affairs not Dept of Immigration which would be INZ.

From your post are you an employment consultant ? If so you would still need to declare your interest.

Are you perhaps just like the rest of us then. Simply freely offering help and guidance .

If you are looking to attract people to pay you for a service then that would not be OK per BE rules.

Could you clarify please?
Old Aug 16th 2022, 5:44 am
`

Originally Posted by indyexpat
Dept of Immigration is a part of DIA, who process passports.

I know exactly which does what . I have offered free general guidance via BE for 20 odd years.

DIA are not involved in visa routes. INZ do this. DIA do process citizenship applications however.

<<<snip>>>

Then you should state your credentials in your signature with a link to your linked in our website. This is about transparency - otherwise rule 9 applies to one and all. BE may not be used to solicit .

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 16th 2022 at 2:04 pm. Reason: Post quoted has been deleted
Old Oct 26th 2022, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Squire89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey
I am a brit in UK , looking to move to NZ to start a fresh with wife and kid. I am a senior network administrator have various professional qualifications in my field.
As a complete newbie/novice emigrating I'am looking at where would be the best place for us to relocate too if we decide to do it. I assume the majority of my kind of work would be in Auckland but the city cost of living may be a no no. Any ideas?
Would Professional level qualifications/certs be enough for a Work Visa etc?

Appreciate any help/notes.

Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2023, 9:12 am
Just Joined

devonport12 is an unknown quantity at this point

COudl you recommend a decent car shipping company from UK to NZ with low costs? Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2023, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devonport12
COudl you recommend a decent car shipping company from UK to NZ with low costs? Thanks
Unless it's fairly new or a classic and rust free it won't be worth it.
As for shipping. If you are migrating, try the shippers who are moving the rest of your stuff, or they may have suggestions.
Apart from that, google is your friend
Old Feb 27th 2023, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

devonport12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
Unless it's fairly new or a classic and rust free it won't be worth it.
As for shipping. If you are migrating, try the shippers who are moving the rest of your stuff, or they may have suggestions.
Apart from that, google is your friend
It's an Ftype so I'd like to find a reuptable company so it will arrive without any scratches
Old Feb 28th 2023, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I only brought a motorcycle 15 years ago with crown relocations but it arrived in the same condition it left blighty