Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

immigration forms sent off

immigration forms sent off

Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Smile immigration forms sent off

Hi all , havent been on for a while been away on hols in america. Have finally submitted our forms and cvs to the immigration agency and just waiting to hear back to see if we qualify to get in. thanks for all your advice in the past. Im quite keen on Tauranga or somewhere not to far from Auckland as Im considering the guys and their travelling for work each day. You may recall that they are all in construction. (Crane driver, Banksman/co-ordinator and Plumber and a Scaffolder. My daughter a administration assistant in a wills and trust company. Oh and me unfortunately i dont have many great skills but have worked in a shop enviroment and good with dealing with customers. Ive done lots of research on NZ and gone for the north island as its warmer however i think my husband is a bit wary of the volcano and the trembles you get throughout the day so perhaps Tauranga is a bit close. What can anyone suggest in where it may be suitable for us to settle. Do you feel the trembles in Auckland too. I hope things come back ok. just hope that if we can get in that mum and dad will come out to live in a few years . any help would be so much appreciated. thanks
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: immigration forms sent off

Hi would definatley recommend Tauranga - one of the best sunshine places - have the guys got job offers? Dont dwell to much on the earthquake possibility its a risk well worth taking - look at the risks walking the streets in the UK!!! It is a bit strange and scary when you see the earthquake procedure in the telephone directory and advetised on T.V but as long as you know what to do in an emergency you put it to the back of your mind and enjoy.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: immigration forms sent off

Hi thanks for the reply. we are coming out in the new year for a look round and hopefully my husband and crew will have interviews lined up with construction companies recommended in the past. will my daughter be able to find a job easy enough out there she has diplomas in office proceedures, spreadsheets, data base etc. loves her job here but we all want to get out of england and start a new life. ive done loads of reading and i like the sound of tauranga. My husband had his heart set on usa but i think he knows now theres no way we are going to get there. for me ive always thought of nz northland. we dont like the cold and just want to come home at night and be able to do something more than our life than just watch tv as its always raining here.
Ive been looking at properties on the website and not a lot of them have pools is there a reason for this as its something we all want. I must say that we are rather nervous about the volcano as tauranga seems so close to it. How far is it away can you tell me and if anything should happen would it affect people living there the most. How far are you from the beach there. sorry to bombard you with questions but im quite excited and glad ive met someone who lives there.thanks very much
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi,

How many points were you able to claim?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: immigration forms sent off

Hi we lived in Rotorua for a while and stayed in Tauranga sometimes and got to know the area quite well - are now back in UK but planning to get back to Tauranga next year for defo - love the place. Think that only some houses have pools as Tauranga has fantastic beaches and as for the volcano I think the last eruption was many, many years ago and as far as Im aware Tauranga isnt that close to one so you ok. Your daughter will get a job no problem as there is an abundance of work in that area-theres lots of solicitors offices etc, shops,cafes and all manor of different jobs - seems like your a big family all going together-which is great - you mentioned sending your forms and CVs to NZIS - which immigration catergory are you applying?You will adore Tauranga and the surrounding areas-plenty of sunshine but can get a bit of a nip in the winter.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi,

How many points were you able to claim?
ive just sent forms in with all details plus cvs and waiting for them to get back to us not sure about the points at mo (do you know how many we need)
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sananddave
Hi we lived in Rotorua for a while and stayed in Tauranga sometimes and got to know the area quite well - are now back in UK but planning to get back to Tauranga next year for defo - love the place. Think that only some houses have pools as Tauranga has fantastic beaches and as for the volcano I think the last eruption was many, many years ago and as far as Im aware Tauranga isnt that close to one so you ok. Your daughter will get a job no problem as there is an abundance of work in that area-theres lots of solicitors offices etc, shops,cafes and all manor of different jobs - seems like your a big family all going together-which is great - you mentioned sending your forms and CVs to NZIS - which immigration catergory are you applying?You will adore Tauranga and the surrounding areas-plenty of sunshine but can get a bit of a nip in the winter.
not quite sure what you mean they are dealing with it all for us i just had to fill in the form and send it in to them . i think its on a point system anyway.
when my husband rang up and spoke to them over the phone they said we sounded like we would be eligable to get there with enough points and now we are just waiting to hear back from them.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sananddave
thanks for the advice though thats great . are you going back to live in tauranga then. its looks real nice
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:28 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

erm...Which forms have you filled in? I'm sorry, but you are being a bit vague. You don't appear to have researched the requirements for immigrating here. You say you have sent in forms and CVs and then you ask about how many points are needed? Get real! If this is the way you are going about it I'm afraid you are not going to be successful in getting residency here. This may sound harsh, but you need a wake up as you don't seem to have a clue.

There are heaps of people here who would be willing to give you good advice and basically hold your hand through the process (in a cyber-world kind of way), but you need to be a bit less of an space cadet.

Do your homework first. Be honest and admit you haven't any idea where to begin and what to do to emigrate. When you get beyond the dreamy 'wouldn't it be nice' stage and actually get a clue what you need to do someone here will be here to help out.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bird family
not quite sure what you mean they are dealing with it all for us i just had to fill in the form and send it in to them . i think its on a point system anyway.
when my husband rang up and spoke to them over the phone they said we sounded like we would be eligable to get there with enough points and now we are just waiting to hear back from them.
Exactly who has your husband spoken to? What is the full name of the Company ?

It certainly wasn't the New Zealand Immigration Service .
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bird family
ive just sent forms in with all details plus cvs and waiting for them to get back to us not sure about the points at mo (do you know how many we need)
Eh? Who have you sent 'forms' to? Sounds like a consultant to me .

If you are serious about emigrating to New Zealand, you should be looking at the NZIS website and should already have checked how many points you could possibly claim for & which category you could apply under.
Have you done this?