Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration fatigue

Immigration fatigue

Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Immigration fatigue

I seem to suffer from the occasional Immigration Finger, but I've also realised that I suffer from another immigration -related disease: the Immigration Fatigue.

The symptoms are:
-Fatigue: finding it extremely hard to make yet another phone call to obtain yet another document/translation/whatever required by the NZIS.
-Paranoia and feelings of insecurity: being convinced that NZIS will find something in my quals, work experience, medicals or my personality that they don't like and will therefore refuse the application. Feeling like I'm under the lense and must prove myself all the time.
-Apathy and denial: After passing a milestone, apathy and not wanting to think about the whole process for some weeks, then picking up again.

As the Immigration Fatigue seems to occur at different times than the Immigration Finger, I strongly suspect that these diseases are somehow related to each other.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immigration fatigue

Hi Mgee - know exactly what you mean!!!- just when you think you have reached the final hurdle another one pops up. We have just submitted our ITA so we are keeping our fingers crossed. However, up to this point nothing has been straight forward so we are expecting our CO to come back at us with a list of queries. keep your chin-up
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, know what you mean, been at this since July 06, one hurdle after the other. Last Feb I thought I was at the final step, went for my medicals, everything looked fine except for an xray which put me back another six months. Oh well, if you want something bad enough, you have to take the good with the bad but it can get very frustrating at times.

Kristina
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Oh dear - since 2006 hopefully it won't be much longer !. i admire your staying power good luckxx