Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration Company or Not?

Immigration Company or Not?

Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Immigration Company or Not?

Hi,

I am in NZ at the moment on a working holiday visa, I work in IT and am going for residency early next year. I have spoken with a immigration company and they have advised I can proceed with my application upon getting a contract role for 6months+. (Start in New Year) They however quote me $9000 + fees (so nearly $15,000 for 2 people) to NZ government for myself and partner to move here, where as I could go direct to Immigration and just pay the fees.

Seems a lot of money to me, so was wondering what other people have, went direct to immigration or used a agency and any experience you have.

Cheers

Pete
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Immigration Company or Not?

hi pete,were here on WTRat moment but will be going down PR route soon,would only ever do this ourselves,

wouldn't waste my money paying someone ,when we can do the work for free....anything you don't understand you can get free advice on this site
theres always someone on here that can help you...

where in scotland you from pete,fellow scots here.....jacky
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishnomad
Hi,

I am in NZ at the moment on a working holiday visa, I work in IT and am going for residency early next year. I have spoken with a immigration company and they have advised I can proceed with my application upon getting a contract role for 6months+. (Start in New Year) They however quote me $9000 + fees (so nearly $15,000 for 2 people) to NZ government for myself and partner to move here, where as I could go direct to Immigration and just pay the fees.

Seems a lot of money to me, so was wondering what other people have, went direct to immigration or used a agency and any experience you have.

Cheers

Pete
If you're not getting a job offer at least for 24 months, you'd be throwing your money away - all you'd get is a work permit for the duration of your contract. You can't get a WTR visa without a contract for at least 24mths, and you can't get PR from a contract unless your employer is prepared to say in evidence that your employment is subject to extension following end of the current 24mth contract and PR being granted. Your better of doing it all yourself, it's not rocket science, and NZIS will help
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:15 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi,

I am in NZ at the moment on a working holiday visa, I work in IT and am going for residency early next year.
Ya like it here, eh?

I have spoken with a immigration company and they have advised I can proceed with my application upon getting a contract role for 6months+. (Start in New Year) They however quote me $9000 + fees (so nearly $15,000 for 2 people) to NZ government for myself and partner to move here...
NZ$9000 + fees? Holy sheeeit! They're not going for it by half.

...where as I could go direct to Immigration and just pay the fees.
That's more reasonable, uh-huh.

Cheers

Pete
Pete, DIY all the way. Jeez, NZ$15,000...un-freaking-believable...
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi pete,were here on WTRat moment but will be going down PR route soon,would only ever do this ourselves,

wouldn't waste my money paying someone ,when we can do the work for free....anything you don't understand you can get free advice on this site
theres always someone on here that can help you...

where in scotland you from pete,fellow scots here.....jacky
Edinburgh, yourself?

Yeh, I was thinking that, didn't seem that complicated, just need to be organsised and get all your info together.

I have few things to find out so going to pop down to Immigiration and ask
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

What's your field of expertise in IT and where are you looking to locate yourself. Wellington at the moment seems awash with vacancies for IT jobs as all the Kiwi IT people are going to Oz.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
What's your field of expertise in IT and where are you looking to locate yourself. Wellington at the moment seems awash with vacancies for IT jobs as all the Kiwi IT people are going to Oz.
Support, done bits of project management in the past, so thats what iam looking to get into. iam in wellie, quite a few jobs on the go which is good
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

garry,my significant other,used to work in edinburgh,royal infirmary....we used to stay in dalgety bay,but we are from small village just outside st andrews origonaly....jacky
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:05 am
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

Support, done bits of project management in the past, so thats what iam looking to get into. iam in wellie, quite a few jobs on the go which is good
I could put you on to the agency that got Mr Platty an IT job in Wellington?