Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration agents whicch one?

Immigration agents whicch one?

Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Lavmondo is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration agents whicch one?

I have been looking into the paperwork and although i have been advised to do the paperwork myself. I have to admit its not my strong point. I have noticed that the prices for these services vary greatly. Can anyone recommend a good one that won't cost a arm and leg also if they helped with getting work once in NZ would be a bonus.

Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immigration agents whicch one?

Hi,
We are using one that you can either have just doing your paper work right up to finding you employment. Because my OH has found his own job it will be £600 for us, so for the full package its £1200 job n all. He does a no obligation visit to your home too
Let me know if this interests you and I will give you his details if I am allowed to post them here
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi we used a good agent, but it was much more expensive than ezzkazz's.

Ezzkazz - it's fine to share the info, its always good to know which companys to use and which to avoid.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Yer that would be great if you could give details ezzkazz? Thanks Donna who were they anyway?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:35 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

We got in contact with a few and was amazed how arrogant some were. One A*** **** said, "na, you got no chance mate" I now have PR. I think it was Visa Connections we used who were very professional and helpful, but expensive. But they did get our paper work sorted. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lavmondo
Yer that would be great if you could give details ezzkazz? Thanks Donna who were they anyway?
we will be using www.immigration-new-zealand.com
his name is mike walker.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Do it yourself, the paperwork's not difficult.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Hi,
We are using one that you can either have just doing your paper work right up to finding you employment. Because my OH has found his own job it will be £600 for us, so for the full package its £1200 job n all. He does a no obligation visit to your home too
Let me know if this interests you and I will give you his details if I am allowed to post them here
So 600 quid and they get you a job offer from somewhere.

What is the other 600 quid for ?

Another THREAD on the process
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
So 600 quid and they get you a job offer from somewhere.

What is the other 600 quid for ?

Another THREAD on the process
No £600 to do all the paperwork which is what we are doing and that includes doing the residence part when we are in NZ as ours will be a work visa initially but if you want the company to source you a job offer then the total is £1200

My OH got the job offer by himself so ours is the £600. And yes we could probably do it ourselves but it would be me doing all the running about as well as sorting out the pets and the house and the children etc etc so really its just a load off of me.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:36 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have unusual circumstances or your case is complex then I would advise to do it your self

The process is very straight forward and if you need any help we are always here for you

Save your dosh for your nice new life.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
...... but it would be me doing all the running about as well as sorting out the pets and the house and the children etc etc so really its just a load off of me.

I can relate to that. I did the flippin' lot. [cept I don't have kids just cats - oh and ducks now]

If you change yer mind 'bout the paperwork, we will certainly help you all the way with it and then you can spend the dosh on something good for yourself.

Does your OH get man flu too ? Mine has that ailment 'selective hearing'
Bless his socks
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I can relate to that. I did the flippin' lot. [cept I don't have kids just cats - oh and ducks now]

If you change yer mind 'bout the paperwork, we will certainly help you all the way with it and then you can spend the dosh on something good for yourself.

Does your OH get man flu too ? Mine has that ailment 'selective hearing'
Bless his socks
Thankyou bevs for the offer.

Mine has 'yeah in a minute' ailment. No matter what you ask its like agony just waiting for him to get up and do it that you go do it yourself cos your fed up with waiting. Its not that he doesnt want to do it but just maybe in a few minutes time. And you have to keep him well fed cos hes grumpy when he gets hungry and acts like a naughty chimp having a paddy. :curse:
On the other hand he does a good job doing the dishes.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Have printed off the EOI forms and will try and fill them in this Sat. If i get really stuck (like i say Forms to me are like meat to a vegan) ill let you know. Or just pay a agent i mean i know you all say use the money for something else. But if 1500 ish guarentees no mistakes on the forms and it is for a new life its a small price to pay.

Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:31 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lavmondo
Have printed off the EOI forms and will try and fill them in this Sat. If i get really stuck (like i say Forms to me are like meat to a vegan) ill let you know. Or just pay a agent i mean i know you all say use the money for something else. But if 1500 ish guarentees no mistakes on the forms and it is for a new life its a small price to pay.

put it into perspective - whats the worse that can happen?? they tell you you have made a mistake or you're missing some details. its not the end of the world.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Yer i know that dreamfish but the thing is i work in IT and for the last few years have taken a step backward careerwise by working in a helpdesk (Not the IT NZ wants). I am moving to a more tecky team soon and have done it b4 but feel i have lost many of my skills. To b fair i am a overpaid for wot i do working for the council. But i was good money in a area cheap to live out of London. So a Agent might sell me better on the form.