Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Immigration Agents?

Immigration Agents?

Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

SweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really nice
Default Immigration Agents?

Ok we are ready now to start the ball rolling to immigrate. Our question is, Who is the best and worst immigration agent to go with?

We have had communication in the past with New Life New Zealand, New Zealand Shores and The Immigration Group.

Who have you been successful with and are there any preferences amongst UK expats?

Thanks.

Stacey
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Agents?

Don t use.
A total waste of money. We used Global Visas and in the end did it ourselves on line, I can only go on personal experience but they were a waste of time and caused us a lot of heart ache and were so unprofessional. It was quite easy doing it on line, although we were not a straight forward case we got through We wished we never used them in the first place
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

Have to admit it's your choice, but we did not use one.
Having looked on-line and used this site throughout the process for help, people on here are very friendly & very helpful I don't think the immigration agents add much value to the application progress.
Your choice though, but look around at how to do it without before spending lots of extra money!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Dont use one unless you have a complicated case
Ask our huge family on here as most of us have been through the process and managed to come out on the other side!
The DIY route is time consuming but doable.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the folks above.... don't use!!! You can do it yourself. I did!! Hubby backed off, & I did it all, even got us both telephone interviews organised. Even with an agent you still have to gather all your info. Save yourself a few grand & bring it over here to give you ahead start. If you have any questions just shout, I got all the help that I needed from this site & that was 5 years ago.
Good luck.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Unless its going to be difficult for you to get a visa I would do it yourselves. We applied ourselves and it was a lot cheaper than using an agent!
Good luck and if you need any help with the process someone on here usually knows the answer or at least where to get the info!!!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

Hi, we did use one,however, if we'd of found this site before hand, we wouldnt have, the guys on here are so knowledgeable and helpful....... save your money and do it yourself sue
Old Sep 11th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

SweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really nice

Thanks for the replies! I think my parents are just scared to do it themselves in case they mess up but money is somewhat of an issue so to save a few grand will of course be helpful.

The only thing that I think will be sticky with getting visas is my health. My mum and myself will be getting in under my dads skilled migrant visa but we have been told by an immigration advisor that my medication might be a problem because of how expensive it is in new zealand.

I've had replies about my medication from people on here and they don't seem to think it would be a problem but you never know.

We are most likely coming over to new zealand for a 2 week holiday either next month or the month after to have a look at areas to live in and my dad to look for job possibilities. Aparently if he finds a job offer we can get permanent residence within 4-8 weeks.

Stacey
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Permanent residence in 4 to 8 weeks !!!!
Good luck, but I would not rely on that information. The straight forward cases take a lot longer than that.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
Thanks for the replies! I think my parents are just scared to do it themselves in case they mess up but money is somewhat of an issue so to save a few grand will of course be helpful.

The only thing that I think will be sticky with getting visas is my health. My mum and myself will be getting in under my dads skilled migrant visa but we have been told by an immigration advisor that my medication might be a problem because of how expensive it is in new zealand.

I've had replies about my medication from people on here and they don't seem to think it would be a problem but you never know.

We are most likely coming over to new zealand for a 2 week holiday either next month or the month after to have a look at areas to live in and my dad to look for job possibilities. Aparently if he finds a job offer we can get permanent residence within 4-8 weeks.

Stacey
Hiya Stacey,
Our PR came through pretty quicky and ours was with a job offer and a straight forward application.
4-8 weeks is a bit optimistic.
See our timeline for details. HTH.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough

Hiya, just a quick afterthought on what all the others have said re immigration agents. My wife is the main applicant, being a registered nurse. I'm in the process of leaving the army after 25 years. We were more than willing to go ahead and try to do everything ourselves, but in the end we went with a guy called Craig Millard at Kiwi Emigration, based in Evesham. This was primarily due to the fact that I was still commuting 200 miles to work away during the week, and with the advent of leaving the army, with all the other nonsense we felt that a but of dosh outlay was worth it for the expertise he would provide. As it happens, his first phone call was more helpful that all the other websites we'd visited over the last 4 years of investigation - he advised us to get D's nursing registration application running concurrently to the EOI process. She now has that ticket and we are now waiting to hear from INZ on the PR status. As for the amount to pay the agent, of the £'s we've paid, he only takes a small amount (relatively speaking - about £700). It seems a lot, and yes it is, but like i said, with the commuting, selling, resettling from the army etc, it was worth it for us. Not for everyone i know. HTH.

Bruce
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brujarerdeb
Hiya, just a quick afterthought on what all the others have said re immigration agents. My wife is the main applicant, being a registered nurse. I'm in the process of leaving the army after 25 years. We were more than willing to go ahead and try to do everything ourselves, but in the end we went with a guy called Craig Millard at Kiwi Emigration, based in Evesham. This was primarily due to the fact that I was still commuting 200 miles to work away during the week, and with the advent of leaving the army, with all the other nonsense we felt that a but of dosh outlay was worth it for the expertise he would provide. As it happens, his first phone call was more helpful that all the other websites we'd visited over the last 4 years of investigation - he advised us to get D's nursing registration application running concurrently to the EOI process. She now has that ticket and we are now waiting to hear from INZ on the PR status. As for the amount to pay the agent, of the £'s we've paid, he only takes a small amount (relatively speaking - about £700). It seems a lot, and yes it is, but like i said, with the commuting, selling, resettling from the army etc, it was worth it for us. Not for everyone i know. HTH.

Bruce
Thanks for that Bruce. £700 doesn't sound a lot to me, considering how much I've noticed from other agents. I'll keep that agent in mind.

Stacey
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
Thanks for that Bruce. £700 doesn't sound a lot to me, considering how much I've noticed from other agents. I'll keep that agent in mind.

Stacey
He's a good guy and very thorough, mention my name, he might be accommodating - or very glad to have us off his books!!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:56 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brujarerdeb
...he advised us to get D's nursing registration application running concurrently to the EOI process....
Glad he helped but I´m sure you would have got that advise from the many nurses on here.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
Glad he helped but I´m sure you would have got that advise from the many nurses on here.
Yep, true, but I dont like to clog up the forum with many 'what to do if....' sort of posts. Our application was kinda on hold due to my time to serve in the army etc, so we thought sod it, peace of mind, let the experts do it with me commuting around the M25 all the time. Like I said, its not for everyone and i certainly dont wish to step on any toes of those that disagree with me

Edited for mong spelling :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.