British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   immigrant insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/immigrant-insurance-777168/)

tweetweet Nov 10th 2012 7:55 am

immigrant insurance

there should be immigrant insurance
to insure immigrants from being ripped off
ostracised
isolated
dumbed down in jobs
and to protect immigrants from
professional suicide
financial suicide
social suicide

cappuccino Nov 10th 2012 7:58 am

Re: immigrant insurance

<yawn yawn>

tweetweet Nov 10th 2012 8:33 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 10375477)
<yawn yawn>

yes it could be yawn yawn to you,

However I encountered intimidation beyond anything I had ever imagined, was ripped off financially, pushed out of a well paid job, which I worked hard at, because I was a POM, socially ostracised, given the wrong medical treatment for pre-cancer which is now cancerous due to poor medical care and went from being a happy healthy person in a good job to this.

I feel it is my civil duty to inform people of what happens to some immigrants in NZ instead of pulling the wool over their eyes and giving the impression that it is a peaceful safe democratic country, with a strong economy and good medical system, which it is not.

you may be bored now but you surely would not be if what happened to us went and happened to you.

MrsFychan Nov 10th 2012 8:41 am

Originally Posted by tweetweet (Post 10375515)
I feel it is my civil duty to inform people of what happens to some immigrants in NZ instead of pulling the wool over their eyes and giving the impression that it is a peaceful safe democratic country, with a strong economy and good medical system, which it is not.

then perhaps you should outline the reasons in your posts and not just stick negative comments with no back up for them. People will then understand your responses

tweetweet Nov 10th 2012 8:43 am

I have outlined my experiences and shall continue to back up my 'negative' comments which are a result of 'negative' experience

MrsFychan Nov 10th 2012 9:03 am

I repeat not every member would of read your posts so if you wish to help then maybe just putting in the reasons for your negative responses would be helpful and not rely on people to remember/ read through your previous posts as I'm sure not a lot of people actually do that, They asks their questions and await advice responses on that thread, not historical posts unless directed to them

Pollyana Nov 11th 2012 3:16 am

Originally Posted by tweetweet (Post 10375466)
there should be immigrant insurance
to insure immigrants from being ripped off
ostracised
isolated
dumbed down in jobs
and to protect immigrants from
professional suicide
financial suicide
social suicide

Why should it only apply to immigrants though? For instance, a lot of people who still live in their native country feel ostracised and isloated for various reasons. A lot consider that the jobs they are in are beneath them but "life" stops them getting anything better. And should it be only first generation immigrants? What about teenagers brought over by their parents, against their wishes, who whinge that their social life has ended? :sneaky:

simonsi Nov 11th 2012 6:32 am

Originally Posted by tweetweet (Post 10375515)
However I encountered intimidation beyond anything I had ever imagined, was ripped off financially, pushed out of a well paid job, which I worked hard at, because I was a POM, socially ostracised, given the wrong medical treatment for pre-cancer which is now cancerous due to poor medical care and went from being a happy healthy person in a good job to this.

Cr@p happens to nice people, all the time, in every country.

It perhaps helps you that you find NZ to blame for all these ills that befell you while you were here but seriously, they happen in all populations the world over...you have just lost your perspective (possibly understandably).

Justcol Nov 11th 2012 8:12 am

I was never been ostracised, isolated or dumbed down.
I have a job I love doing, I earn a pretty decent wage that is easy enough to increase
if I want more and I have more friends now who actually do things than I've ever had.

Have you ever stopped to consider it might just be that people don't like you ??

love30stm Nov 11th 2012 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10376678)

Have you ever stopped to consider it might just be that people don't like you ??

That is a bit harsh!!!!! :sneaky: you should not judge people that you don't know in real life in my opinion

Justcol Nov 13th 2012 5:02 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10377206)
That is a bit harsh!!!!! :sneaky: you should not judge people that you don't know in real life in my opinion

Yes it is, OP please accept my apologies :unsure:

BEVS Nov 13th 2012 5:38 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10377206)

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10379629)
Yes it is, OP please accept my apologies :unsure:

Well that is lovely of you both, considering you are both on the feisty side .

However, we have been here before with this from the OP haven't we & the question begs why has tweetweet started what is basically a flame thread , along with other sudden posts when she has left NZ & is now , hopefully, getting the support she needs in Oz or UK?

I have listened to her story and also communicated with her privately about this . I do understand that her experiences were terrible at the hands of her own OH's family and surrounding people, from what she has written of course, but is her thread here justified in respect to life in NZ.

Answer: No. It is not. This could be relevant to the UK , Europe, the Americas. In fact anywhere. They are random sweeping statements calculated to try to discourage people. This isn't a sharing . It's trying to instil fear in others .

I understand this a little, as the OP must still be feeling anger and all sorts of emotions. She should focus that energy in a positive way. Sort his family. Take the people concerned to task & as she suggested, start a support group for people with the same experience wherever she is currently based.

From memory, when I have had some very awful experiences & I have been unfortunate enough to have had a rocky road in life, the last thing I wanted to do was to frighten others or rain on anyone else's parade. It helped me to know not everyone in life went through the poop.

So for it to be stated

it is my civil duty to inform people of what happens to some immigrants in NZ instead of pulling the wool over their eyes and giving the impression that it is a peaceful safe democratic country, with a strong economy and good medical system, which it is not.
is overkill and sensationalism, Daily Mail style. I wasn't in favour of that type of hype when I was in the UK and I am not in favour of it now.

..and to further suggest this

but you surely would not be if what happened to us went and happened to you
is also a judgement call isn't it, as Tweetweet know nothing of Cappuccino's life, struggles or circumstances.

I'm calling "flame thread" on this one. This means a thread started to upset others .

Tweetweet. I have no idea why you suddenly felt the need to start this list of statements but this applies to anywhere in the world including your current place of residence.

Thread closed.