British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I'm sorry! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/im-sorry-446067/)

wimsy Apr 30th 2007 9:32 am

I'm sorry!

I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh in my other post.
I had a tough week last week with missing family and trying to get things in place for our return home. I felt like I needed to get things off my chest...I'm just dissapointed I guess with the whole NZ dream.
sorry again:(

Avid Apr 30th 2007 9:39 am

Re: I'm sorry!

Ahhh!! there, there....

Your first post didn't sound that harsh...this place needs a dash of negativity (and I can't do it all by myself)

Although you could, I suppose, have posted it on the 'returning to the UK' section.

What's the worst that's happened? You've lived in a different country for a year. That's not a bad thing, is it? Nothing to be disappointed about.:D

Group hug!!!!

trutje Apr 30th 2007 9:47 am

Originally Posted by wimsy (Post 4717281)
I had a tough week last week with missing family and trying to get things in place for our return home. I felt like I needed to get things off my chest...I'm just dissapointed I guess with the whole NZ dream.

I wish I knew what this was about.....

mazi Apr 30th 2007 9:48 am

No need to apologise for your opinions, Wimsy

karonious Apr 30th 2007 9:53 am

Hopefully at some point in the future, you will have happy memories of some of your stay in New Zealand. Good luck for the future :thumbup:
You have no need to apologise: you weren't personally rude to anyone, you said it hadn't worked for you. None of us should be afraid to state our opinions as long as we respect other people's.

trutje Apr 30th 2007 9:58 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4717374)
Hopefully at some point in the future, you will have happy memories of some of your stay in New Zealand. Good luck for the future :thumbup:
You have no need to apologise: you weren't personally rude to anyone, you said it hadn't worked for you. None of us should be afraid to state our opinions as long as we respect other people's.

Thanks!

Lexylou Apr 30th 2007 10:14 am

you have NOTHING to say sorry for. Good luck with the move home. I have replied to your other post also.

lardyl Apr 30th 2007 12:14 pm

no probs.......sometimes its good just to get it off your chest, most of us do a bit of ranting here on the odd occasion. Again, hope it all works out for you, your OH and especially for the kids.

RedMonsk Apr 30th 2007 7:25 pm

It's a shame it didn't work out for you, maybe you needed to give it another year and/or try elsewhere in NZ.

Hope everything works out for you. :thumbsup:

donnaf Apr 30th 2007 9:32 pm

Don't be sorry - at least you have tried it, Ok so it wasn't for you but there must be hundreds of people who wish they had the courage to try it. Put it down to experience and move on - good luck in your life in the UK.