British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I'm sick of all this windy wind (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/im-sick-all-windy-wind-869214/)

BEVS Dec 15th 2015 1:46 am

I'm sick of all this windy wind

I've never known a year like this.

Every single blimmin' day we are getting high winds during the afternoons & there is still residual snow on The Ranges

All our tanks are out of water so we are having to switch to mains for the whole house & it is only December.

Wazzup :unsure:

Justcol Dec 15th 2015 7:31 am

Re: I'm sick of all this windy wind

Hal Neenaw the wonky weather cyclist

Bo-Jangles Dec 15th 2015 9:18 am

To be fair I think it's always like this just leading up to Christmas and every year is the same excuse for the disappointing weather - it's always the fault of el nino / la nina whateva-nah. :lol:

I have been blahdy cold all day today and I reckon we won't being seeing much of summer until after 2nd January - cos that's what usually happens.

BEVS Dec 15th 2015 8:11 pm

Christmas time here is often rainy. It is Feb that brings the settled summer weather.

For where we live, this level of continuous high wind is unusual. We're surrounded by Ranges so usually quite sheltered . Bit of a nightmare for the orchardists hereabouts I'd imagine. It's dropping me plums all over the place.

scrubbedexpat094 Dec 15th 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 11814505)
To be fair I think it's always like this just leading up to Christmas and every year is the same excuse for the disappointing weather - it's always the fault of el nino / la nina whateva-nah. :lol:

I have been blahdy cold all day today and I reckon we won't being seeing much of summer until after 2nd January - cos that's what usually happens.

Wasn't just me then! I was freezing yesterday. Feels warmer today, just a light breeze in GH today.

MrsFychan Dec 17th 2015 2:21 am

walking around Paraparaumu this afternoon I said to the kids that it was like bloody Wellington CBD, but least its not peeing it down today.

BEVS Jan 12th 2016 7:23 pm

and still the windy wind blows. :(

Whilst it's good for exfoliating the skin at the beach , I'm totally over it. Can't even leave some of the windows open coz it hurls itself through the house rather than breezily cooling.

Catchafire Jan 13th 2016 1:54 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11814859)
Christmas time here is often rainy. It is Feb that brings the settled summer weather.

For where we live, this level of continuous high wind is unusual. We're surrounded by Ranges so usually quite sheltered . Bit of a nightmare for the orchardists hereabouts I'd imagine. It's dropping me plums all over the place.

Same over the hill. Super windy this year, much more so it seems than previous years. Not even had a break to get the boat out yet.

bourbon-biscuit Jan 13th 2016 6:36 pm

I fancy it's windier up here also but as I live in town it's less of a hassle. I'm house sitting for our last fortnight in NZ and am on the side of a mountain - windy windy windy.

BEVS, do you use a UV filter for your rain water tanks? The family here don't, just a large and fine filter and I can't work out if that's a bit yuck or if I'm being townie fussy :o