Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'I'm leaving the NHS for New Zealand'

'I'm leaving the NHS for New Zealand'

Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:52 am
Banned

waterlooo will become famous soon enough
Default 'I'm leaving the NHS for New Zealand'

He said he was going to New Zealand, along with his girlfriend - a trainee surgeon who hasn't been given any interviews - to get a better quality of training.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6459337.stm
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:31 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 'I'm leaving the NHS for New Zealand'

Originally Posted by waterlooo
He said he was going to New Zealand, along with his girlfriend - a trainee surgeon who hasn't been given any interviews - to get a better quality of training.

Say's it all don't it. UK is just sliding down into even more rubbish.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

"Under the new UK system, we will have to have 28 assessments a year. Twenty-five years ago we were never checked, but now the pendulum has swung too far the other way."

And this is bad why?

English docs love going to NZ as they get more respect there for being English and trained in England (so says my doc friend, who is English and lives in NZ) - the reason for this is...well, do I have to spell it out?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
"Under the new UK system, we will have to have 28 assessments a year. Twenty-five years ago we were never checked, but now the pendulum has swung too far the other way."

And this is bad why?

English docs love going to NZ as they get more respect there for being English and trained in England (so says my doc friend, who is English and lives in NZ) - the reason for this is...well, do I have to spell it out?
To me,I'm afraid-yes.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by danny.f
To me,I'm afraid-yes.
You wanna fight?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

You wanna fight?
Just spell it out. Please.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

You wanna fight?
An answer will do for now,ta.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jude J
Just spell it out. Please.
No. Can't spell. Not til Danny F starts fighting again, anyway.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:23 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Say's it all don't it. UK is just sliding down into even more rubbish.

Oh I don't know....my sister-in-law works as The Head of Media for some health partnernership-trust or whatever they are called and she makes more than the doctors! And she spends nearly all her time 'paintballing' as a 'team building exercise'

It's not all gloom, you know.

Last edited by Avid; Apr 30th 2007 at 12:25 am.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:31 am
Account Closed

What was the q again?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:46 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by waterlooo

Interesting cos the docs here are moaning that the standard of University trained docs who have just graduated just aren't up to the standard they need when they start on the wards.

They spend too much time writing papers and not enough in the deep end!

Want good training? Move to South Africa - takes about 9 years to qualify there, the students have to do work experience in far flung villages in the wop wops.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I think what Mazi was trying to insinuate (and please forgive me, Mazi, if I've got this all wrong) is that NZ doctors, like everything else in NZ, are crap, and therefore English doctors seem great in comparison.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
I think what Mazi was trying to insinuate (and please forgive me, Mazi, if I've got this all wrong) is that NZ doctors, like everything else in NZ, are crap, and therefore English doctors seem great in comparison.
No, I wasn't - my doc friend was insinuating that the Kiwi docs give her kudos for having been a doc in the UK, and that makes her feel good.

Not everything is crap in NZ - where did you get that idea?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

No, I wasn't - my doc friend was insinuating that the Kiwi docs give her kudos for having been a doc in the UK, and that makes her feel good.

Not everything is crap in NZ - where did you get that idea?
I can't possibly imagine
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

You wanna fight?
Mazi mazi mazi you seem to wanna fight everyone. How about some anger management. I have just read another post and you are trying to square up someone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.