Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:48 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Boopy
We never got to see the Clash either. Before we came to NZ the big punk fest in Sunderland had The Stranglers head lining, with the Damned, Wayne's County, Penetration, GoldBlade. The year before had the Dead Kennedys & UK Subs.
Last year when we seen SLF, Jake didn't look too good & was real twisty with the audience, walked off when the beer started to get thrown on stage.
You would SO get on with my brother!
He is a walking encylopedia re the Punk years. He now lives near Cardiff and works nights at one of the Hilton Hotels. He often blags himself tickets to whatever is going on there as he also works agency at ST David's Hall. He is in his late 30's and by the sound of it, you may well have been in the same crowd several times .
MY Favourite top 3 songs of all times:
No more Heroes - the Stranglers
Olivers army - Elvis Costello
Reward - The Teardrop explodes

Anyone care to share?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:31 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
And was it a night you'll never forget. I remember being abit disappointed with Van Halen.
Yeah me too - shame really. Thunder were brilliant - better than I expected. Certainly better than Van Halen
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

Well i'm going to see Dolly Parton on Tuesday In Manchester..Can't Wait
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:01 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shell and mark
Well i'm going to see Dolly Parton on Tuesday In Manchester..Can't Wait
We're going to the V-festival in Chelmsford just before we got home. I managed to get tickets before they sold out. It helped that I was at home coughing and spluttering and had nothing else to do but log on to various ticket sites and use my mobile and house phone to try for tickets (put on hold for ages!).

Been to see far too many bands over the years. Loudest band: Motorhead, Brixton Academy. I couldn't do my job the next day as my ears were ringing too much.

Best band seen in NZ: Sex Pistols & Queen (and Tracey Chapman)
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:34 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
My brother is seriously considering coming out when the UK subs are here. He watches a lot of live bands in the UK and has seen the Damned so many times I often wonder if they look out and say "Hey, Pete's in tonight!"
Anti-nowhere League - I may well still have 'so what?' ( ) on vinyl if I could be bothered to look!
How about a poll to see which is the least street-cred gig anyone ever went to?
Leo Sayer
An ex-colleague admitted to queuing to see Acker Bilk.......
Howard Jones was my first concert!!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:15 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Howard Jones was my first concert!!
My first concert was T'Pau on their "comeback" tour for the third album!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:17 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Yazoo was my 1st, Kid Creole & the Coconuts my 2nd & Human League was my 3rd!!!!!!

I was 15 at the time & there was a load of us used to go with our Art Teacher (who was also a DJ) to gigs. Can you imagine doing that these days. He'd be locked up by now & I'd have sued the ar**e off of him

My last one was Robbie
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:22 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Yazoo was my 1st, Kid Creole & the Coconuts my 2nd & Human League was my 3rd!!!!!!

I was 15 at the time & there was a load of us used to go with our Art Teacher (who was also a DJ) to gigs. Can you imagine doing that these days. He'd be locked up by now & I'd have sued the ar**e off of him

My last one was Robbie
Where did you see Robbie? On the Close Encounters tour?

That stage was just awesome. And he gets better and better every time we see him (we went to Knebworth and melanie saw him at Milton Keynes a few years ago)
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:23 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

My last one was Robbie
Who, clearly only had and only has eyes for me!

(Did you see him in Heat magazine this last week out of rehab looking F.I.T!!)
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:25 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

He told me he's not interested in you any more cos you're leaving these shores, so get over it girlfriend!!!!!! face facts, he's mine!!

Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:26 pm
Happy in Wellington

He doesn't do it for me at all.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:28 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Where did you see Robbie? On the Close Encounters tour?

That stage was just awesome. And he gets better and better every time we see him (we went to Knebworth and melanie saw him at Milton Keynes a few years ago)

We saw him at Milton Keynes in September, excellent night. he was on top form.

The only disappointing thing about the night was that Orson didn't support him that night, just Basement Jaxs
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

We saw him at Milton Keynes in September, excellent night. he was on top form.

The only disappointing thing about the night was that Orson didn't support him that night, just Basement Jaxs
We had a band from Sydney called Sneaky Sound System. They weren't bad.
Robbie was ace - he did quite a lot of chatting between songs which was good. I think they dropped a song because of it though, and he did three songs after his curfew time
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't get tickets to see Chilli Peppers but going to see Groove Armada next week
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:49 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jude J
Couldn't get tickets to see Chilli Peppers but going to see Groove Armada next week
We missed out on Chilli Peppers as well. Was really disappointed about that. S'pose could always go and see Rockstar Supernova

We saw Robbie here a couple of years ago and he was just brilliant was so disappointed he didnt come back here when he did Oz in December. Am hoping the new Vector Arena in Akl will pull a few more really good bands in. We also saw the stones last year, who were brilliant, definitly one of the best concerts have been to. Also saw Eric at the mission in Feb but that wasnt too much fun - his a boring sod to watch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.