British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I'm back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/im-back-797074/)

Fooferfish May 15th 2013 7:43 am

I'm back

:well after a long time away from this site I have returned , especially now autumn has struck down south , I will post a detailed update as we have been here over 8 years now and into our 9 th , still loving the life and loving otago area , am helping a prison officer to get here to , my wife and I are still at corrections and really enjoy the work life balance.

Fooferfish is back

MrsFychan May 15th 2013 8:41 am

Re: I'm back

welcome back :thumbsup:

Arthur Daley May 15th 2013 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Fooferfish (Post 10708663)
:well after a long time away from this site I have returned , especially now autumn has struck down south , I will post a detailed update as we have been here over 8 years now and into our 9 th , still loving the life and loving otago area , am helping a prison officer to get here to , my wife and I are still at corrections and really enjoy the work life balance.

Fooferfish is back

Welcome back NB.

barnsleymat May 15th 2013 10:55 am

We needed more of us living in Dunners on the forum so welcome back.

Anyone know what happened to Justcol?

Snap Shot May 15th 2013 11:47 am

Justcol probably went back to Britain on a strong dollar. Or moved to Tauranga. Hope he hasn't fallen off his bike.

Any other guesses people ?

pleccy2000 May 15th 2013 8:51 pm

I was wondering if you were still at corrections, I had a job offer for this position but ultimately turned it down.
What makes you want to come back to the site?

K9s May 15th 2013 11:42 pm

Fooferfish is back

Nice to see you back:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fooferfish May 16th 2013 8:00 am

Yes I'm still at corrections and still enjoying my job after 4 years , love the variety , every day is different and even the crims are not that bad .

Well I'm back because its time to report on another year in NZ , life is great , all the 3 of us are happy.
We are still out in the wop wops (sticks ) and loving it , living the dream so to speak,

I am helping a Brit to move here and from this site , he has been here for a visit and an interview at corrections and had a whistle stop tour of Dunedin and otago , seemed to like the place.

Our daughter is doing very well at school , she came here when she was 8 and now is over 16 , also going back to uk with her boyfriend to see my parents as they are not in good health , they are traveling on heir own, which will be a good experience for them both.

Things are good at this time, glad we moved out here when we did and I still talk to people who are going through immigration problems like we did years ago .
I will write more when I get time .

Hope all the folks old and new are all ok on here .

BEVS May 21st 2013 3:30 am

Originally Posted by pleccy2000 (Post 10709761)
I was wondering if you were still at corrections, I had a job offer for this position but ultimately turned it down.
What makes you want to come back to the site?

Why not :p It is as good a place as any to chat.

crap coffee May 21st 2013 11:18 pm

Fooferfish is back

I am glad you are back.& happy :) Tell me more about Dunedin. :rofl: never been there yet. :lol: