Reload this Page >

I'll be there in February 2009

I'll be there in February 2009

Old Dec 11th 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

life.is.good is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I'll be there in February 2009

Hello,

My family & I are moving to Wellington and arrive on the 9th Feb.
I start work on the 16th Feb with Eagle Technology Group in the CBD.

Today, Thursday 11th December the house is being packed into boxes to travel by sea.

We are trying to sell the house, find somewhere to live temporarily in Wellington (a holiday Bach would be ideal through February) before we find a longer term rental in Island Bay if possible.

Anyone with any good ideas, useful tips, ideas of rentals, etc - please feel free to get in touch.
Equally if you are into diving, mountain biking, dog walking, drinking coffee, eating nice food and drinking wine and are in a similar position to ourselves - we have a 20 month old son - please say hi!

Look forward to hearing from you...
Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:29 am
Just Joined

cwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nice
Default Re: I'll be there in February 2009

Hey there, welcome to the forum (as you can see from the number of posts I haven't been here long myself). I'm still waiting to get my passport back from INZ but once that's done I'm hoping to be booking my flight out at the end of January to start work in Wellington most probably on the 9th of February. So I won't have been there much longer than you!

I can't help you out much regarding housing, but I have stayed in Island Bay before and will be staying there with friends until I find my own place, it's a nice area.

I'm not in a simmilar position, being single and therefore without the 20 month old baby, but I do like drinking coffee and wine and eating nice food, so do say hi and if there's anything you need advice with when you arrive, chances are I will have just been there myself or going through the process!

Hope the packing went ok!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Good luck with the move and everything! I hope you get your passport back soon!

We are just waiting for our medical to come back - it was done last week and then our Residency Application goes in which with my job offer and the fact the company is accredited for the imigration process should be a formality!

I drove around Island Bay a few weeks ago and it looks like a great place to be. I'm in a land locked County in the UK so can't wait to look at the sea on a daily basis...you're lucky to have friends there!

Look forward to catching up with you on the other side of the world!
Take care.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

.......... we found we could not ship our container and pets until we had a new zealand home address and land line
Will just take this point up from the deleted advertising post as this is not quite correct..

It is perfectly possible to send for your container or pets if you have PR or a temp work permit or visa. You don't need either a home address or a land line.

For either, you simply need to have a contact place the NZ end. This could be your employer or your temporary accommodation.

For pet importers & MAF this end, it can be a vet , a registered cattery/kennels etc or simply a contact number and address which could even be your employers address if you have nothing else.

For your container, you can send for this once you are on a temp work visa/permit or have PR. You need to know where the container will finally end up. If this is not a mailing address, then it will be storage.

We sent our container whilst I was still in the UK and my husband in a bunk room and there was no problem. We used both the employer and the address of the accommodation bunk room.
The cats arrived before me and were released into my husbands care. As there was no home for them, they stayed at a local vet until a cattery was found and when I arrived we all went to a rental. No problem at all.

With the container, we gave the address of the emplyer and also husbands bunk room . We then updated to the rental once he found that.

There was no land line until after I arrive by which time the cats were in NZ and the container just a while behind me.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info BEVS.

I think we are OK...I can ship the container as I have given works address as the C/O address and will update the shipping company once we have somewhere.

Oakley - the dog - is coming after us anyway as we wanted to make sure that we were settled before putting him through the journey.
I am currently getting quotes for shipping him so should have that all squared away just into the New Year. We expect that he will travel early March and stay with my parents before that.

Again - thanks for the info and fingers crossed all will be well...
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Right. That is really quite odd .
Oakley or Oakely
from Oxford.

I have known some folks called exactly that
Old Dec 12th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Oakley - as in the sunglasses!

Interesting fact - the sunglasses were named after the inventors dog!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hi there, we made the move out last feb and love it, got 2 little boys and just got a golden lab puppy zephyr. We live in titahi bay which is in porirua have you looked out porirua way at all? let us know when you arrive and we'll organise a coffee meet up so you can meet all the welly lot. good luck with everything love stas'
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Stas,

That would be excellent - thanks for the offer. Will certainly be in touch when we have our feet on the ground!
Great name for your dog - divine wind - I hope that is a reference to it's pace rather than the smells it is creating!!

I took a trip up to Whitby when I was over a few weeks ago - really liked it, but was a bit uncertain about the drive into Wellington CBD every day. I was told that the motorway can be a nightmare - but I guess you have to put that into NZ context rather than the M25!!

I'm going to keep looking around there as I did like it very much.
If you have any useful insights as to where I should look I'd love to hear them...

Thanks again Stas and speak soon!

Neil x