British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Ikea in NZ at last, well nearly? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ikea-nz-last-well-nearly-672345/)

MOSO Jun 14th 2010 4:29 am

Ikea in NZ at last, well nearly?

I've just been sent this link. Has anyone used or heard of them?

www.mykeaonline.co.nz

Justcol Jun 14th 2010 5:05 am

Re: Ikea in NZ at last, well nearly?

Its just someone trying to make a quick buck from desperate brits.
Personally i prefere Danske Mobler which i think is far better quality.
Underneath the fancy wrapping Ikea sell cheap furniture that doesnt last.

cappuccino Jun 14th 2010 7:36 am

Good news -IKEA

I just found out about this site:
www.mykeaonline.co.nz

They say:
MYKEA. takes the hassle out of purchasing Ikea items by providing:
•Purchase of your items from overseas Ikea store
•Shipping to New Zealand
•Insurance
•Customs clearance
•Payment of Customs Duty
•Payment of GST
All these items are included in your fixed price. There are no hidden charges.

Anybody here heard of them or indeed used their services?

cappuccino Jun 14th 2010 7:41 am

oops, sorry I missed your thread and started my own on the same subject cos I was soo excited :o

Am Loolah Jun 14th 2010 8:24 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 8631559)
oops, sorry I missed your thread and started my own on the same subject cos I was soo excited :o

I merged them so you can exhale now!:p

IngStina Jun 14th 2010 1:24 pm

But how much is shipping? I have an IKEA about three hours down the road but thought it would be easier to use their website, found the shipping exhorbitant, would rather make a day trip, a sort of mini holiday. :D

Kristina

simonsi Jun 14th 2010 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by IngStina (Post 8632117)
But how much is shipping? I have an IKEA about three hours down the road but thought it would be easier to use their website, found the shipping exhorbitant, would rather make a day trip, a sort of mini holiday. :D

Always cheaper to drive 6hrs yourself than pay someone else to do it I guess.

MOSO Jun 14th 2010 9:07 pm

Kristina, a day trip or a mini break would be great if we lived in Canada, but the whole point is that we don't have an Ikea store in NZ so our nearest one is in Australia which is 3 hours flying time away and I don't think we'd get many Billy bookcases in our suitcase!

I take it nobody has heard or used this company then! As all our Ikea stuff arrived on our container in tip top condition we may just wait till it needs replacing by which time they may well have built one in Auckland:fingerscrossed: In the mean time I may have a sneaky visit to a UK store when we go back next week on holiday, in between stocking up on kids' trainers that don't fall apart in 5 mins!

Dewb09 Jun 14th 2010 9:14 pm

:fingerscrossed: they get that store built in Auckland soon :)

Am getting very sentimental at moment, was in Tesco and picked up some gorgeous cotton trainer socks 6 pairs £2.00 going to miss having that choice so much :rolleyes::lol:

When do you arrive here & where you heading for??

Dewb

MOSO Jun 14th 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Deb

We're coming over next weekend for a fortnight heading for Lakeside and Bluewater:rofl:

No, seriously we're coming over for my sister-in-law's wedding in Essex, but also seeing friends in Herts again:thumbsup: (okay, I confess we will be squeezing in a few visits to Tesco's, Sainsbury's, M&S and Clarks to fill up our spare suitcase with clothes!).

Psychopandy Jun 14th 2010 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8632966)
:fingerscrossed: they get that store built in Auckland soon :)

Am getting very sentimental at moment, was in Tesco and picked up some gorgeous cotton trainer socks 6 pairs £2.00 going to miss having that choice so much :rolleyes::lol:

When do you arrive here & where you heading for??

Dewb

I bought socks from the countdown a couple of weeks ago - the same as i bought for no1 son when we first arrived 5 months ago (seemed to have managed to move him with only 2 pairs!!! :blink:) they are 'Bond' socks - 3 pairs for $11 so at the moment around £5, cushioned at the bottom, trainer socks, stylish, and i think they are fab - his are as good as they were when i bought em and hes worn em plenty. Nice and cushiony so i dont need to wear my slippers but are well comfy in my shoes. I brought some m & s ones with me that are now looking a bit ropey!!

Dont stress deb my love - you will be good for socks when you get here :p and the less choice means you spend less time looking for socks!!

BEVS Jun 14th 2010 10:41 pm

Re: Good news -IKEA

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 8631553)
I just found out about this site:
www.mykeaonline.co.nz

They say:
MYKEA. takes the hassle out of purchasing Ikea items by providing:
•Purchase of your items from overseas Ikea store
•Shipping to New Zealand
•Insurance
•Customs clearance
•Payment of Customs Duty
•Payment of GST
All these items are included in your fixed price. There are no hidden charges.

Anybody here heard of them or indeed used their services?

There used to be something very similar several years ago.
:fingerscrossed: that this is kosher

Dewb09 Jun 15th 2010 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Psychopandy (Post 8633058)
I bought socks from the countdown a couple of weeks ago - the same as i bought for no1 son when we first arrived 5 months ago (seemed to have managed to move him with only 2 pairs!!! :blink:) they are 'Bond' socks - 3 pairs for $11 so at the moment around £5, cushioned at the bottom, trainer socks, stylish, and i think they are fab - his are as good as they were when i bought em and hes worn em plenty. Nice and cushiony so i dont need to wear my slippers but are well comfy in my shoes. I brought some m & s ones with me that are now looking a bit ropey!!

Dont stress deb my love - you will be good for socks when you get here :p and the less choice means you spend less time looking for socks!!

:rofl::rofl: cheers for that. I am worried at how emotional I am getting when looking at things :unsure: (not just the socks although that was a catalyst :rolleyes:) Hoping its just symptomatic of the whole big move & not some weird sock fetish starting :sneaky:

D xxx

Dewb09 Jun 15th 2010 6:37 am

Originally Posted by MOSO (Post 8633054)
Hi Deb

We're coming over next weekend for a fortnight heading for Lakeside and Bluewater:rofl:

No, seriously we're coming over for my sister-in-law's wedding in Essex, but also seeing friends in Herts again:thumbsup: (okay, I confess we will be squeezing in a few visits to Tesco's, Sainsbury's, M&S and Clarks to fill up our spare suitcase with clothes!).

Oooohhhh your be in heaven :thumbsup: shame the wedding will cut into shopping time though :unsure:

Dxx

irnbru14 Jun 15th 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by colandros (Post 8631336)
Underneath the fancy wrapping Ikea sell cheap furniture that doesnt last.

Personally I think it's about time this myth was put to rest.

Ikea sell very good and generally stylish modern furniture for a fraction of what the equivelant designer gear would cost you, yes you have to put it together yourself, but anyone with a wee bit of sense can manage this, have bought a fair amount of items in IKEA over the years and have never had any problem with anything I ever bought in IKEA and like most things, will last as long as you want it to do assuming you don't abuse it too much.

And if it does break, its cheap enough that you can go back and replace it without spending a small fortune :thumbup: