Reload this Page >

Ikea of New Zealand?

Ikea of New Zealand?

Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Mightymurph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ikea of New Zealand?

Hi All,

Is there a store like Ikea in New Zealand?

Thanks
Stephen
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ikea of New Zealand?

This looks like Ikea. Showroom & Opening hours No idea what it's like, I'm in Aus, but all the kiwis will be in their beds.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This looks like Ikea. Showroom & Opening hours No idea what it's like, I'm in Aus, but all the kiwis will be in their beds.
Haha. I know, I'm still stuck in England till the end of the year.
It's just after lunch here.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
IKEA Parallel Importer...

A parallel import is a non-counterfeit product imported from another country without the permission of the intellectual property owner. Parallel imports are often referred to as grey product and are implicated in issues of international trade, and intellectual property.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IKEA Parallel Importer...

A parallel import is a non-counterfeit product imported from another country without the permission of the intellectual property owner. Parallel imports are often referred to as grey product and are implicated in issues of international trade, and intellectual property.
Yeah, it was the closest thing I could find. Not sure what would happen if you bought stuff and Sweden decided they weren't happy!
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:06 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

You can try freedom furniture, some nice stuff but not ikea prices. I do miss it though
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have anything like Ikea unfortunately; but no shortage these days of folks who import the stuff and sell it on. Some on large scale with showrooms and websites such as above and quite a brisk trade of new and second hand stuff here: Trade Me

For cheap and cheerful household stuff we pretty much only have: The Warehouse and kmart.co.nz/ (who haven't yet quite figured out how to do online shopping )

With both of those you really do get what you pay for and most of their stuff is at the Primark end of the spectrum and okay for short term stop gap.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
We don't have anything like Ikea unfortunately; but no shortage these days of folks who import the stuff and sell it on. Some on large scale with showrooms and websites such as above and quite a brisk trade of new and second hand stuff here: Trade Me

For cheap and cheerful household stuff we pretty much only have: The Warehouse and kmart.co.nz/ (who haven't yet quite figured out how to do online shopping )

With both of those you really do get what you pay for and most of their stuff is at the Primark end of the spectrum and okay for short term stop gap.
That is awesome thank you.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 9:00 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

As a slightly amusing aside, if you say IKEA to a Kiwi, they hear "I care" and give you a puzzled look...
Old Mar 31st 2017, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Big Save Furniture bigsave.co.nz maybe closest?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:39 am
Just Joined

mistran will become famous soon enoughmistran will become famous soon enough

Hi there been living in NZ for 9 years and to be honest furniture over here is of OK standard and pretty damn over priced, but you can get what you need from places like:

Big Save
Harvey Norman
Target
Danske Mobler
Etc...