Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If you left NZ - what would you really really miss?

If you left NZ - what would you really really miss?

Old Sep 17th 2012, 11:02 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you left NZ - what would you really really miss?

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
You blow hot and cold for NZ.
I think Genesis is looking at the positive and making the most of living here and not focusing on the negative.

Its best to make the best of things wherever you live or Change it in my opinion.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't. I speak the truth (IMO) about MY view on life in NZ..the good, the bad and the ugly. All those good things I said I would miss about NZ were there even when I was on a negative post. They are pretty much constant positives IMO.

Alas all the negative stuff that prevails in NZ is constant too, pretty much.

There is good and bad here in NZ in many areas of life, just like anywhere in the world.

I have decided not to speak my mind about negative stuff in NZ anymore because of the poor attitude of some of the members on here who appear to hate those who are not always positive, or those who simply want to have a vent/rant and rather than ignore people like me they get all shitty and personal.

Ironically I used to get balled at in my honeymoon years for being a happy clapper before I could see the shite stuff about NZ.

Seems you can't win on BE.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:12 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Seems you can't win on BE.
You're really getting the hang of it !
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:01 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

No, just some of us don't see that it has to be either utterly hate NZ or utterly love it; there's good and bad.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis - I think the frustration is that your list of negatives is pretty huge and hardcore For me a lot of them would be deal breakers. That's the problem with sites like this, it's really difficult to pick up the tone, personality and such like of a poster.

I agree with you though people do get harangued for both positive and negative points of view. People do need to hear/see/read the negative posts as well as the positives, but we don't know each individual circumstances which are a huge factor in each situation. So then I think what is the point if BE?!?!? Does my bloody head in!!!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

And the problem with that is?????? I think many of us do.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

The Husband
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
The Husband
Ha ha love it!!!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannigirl
Genesis - I think the frustration is that your list of negatives is pretty huge and hardcore For me a lot of them would be deal breakers. That's the problem with sites like this, it's really difficult to pick up the tone, personality and such like of a poster.

I agree with you though people do get harangued for both positive and negative points of view. People do need to hear/see/read the negative posts as well as the positives, but we don't know each individual circumstances which are a huge factor in each situation. So then I think what is the point if BE?!?!? Does my bloody head in!!!
Agreed.

It's nigh on impossible to judge the context in which a person likes, or dislikes something about NZ. Something that might be very important for them, might not be important, nor will it affect me.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

I would miss clean public loos...... WITH LOO ROLL!!!!! (a must with my size bladder) These seem to have all vanished back in the UK, the one down the road from where I lived is now a sandwich shop
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:26 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

at first thought, i thought nothing! but having read Genesis's post, I'd agree with a few things, like most medium towns have free parking, and in general the roads have less traffic, and insurance is cheaper, (although this years renewal is %40 greater than last years)......but that's about it for me folks