Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If you knew then, what you know now...

If you knew then, what you know now...

Old Aug 14th 2013, 12:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you knew then, what you know now...

I would say

They don't call it Windy Wellington for nothing, and living 40km outside of it doesn't make any difference You really don't like the wind.

Maybe don't be so quick to buy

The "she'll be right" attitude will frustrate the hell out of you

Stop being a worry wart, you moved from one side of the world to another, you can do anything
Old Aug 14th 2013, 12:39 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
......you moved from one side of the world to another, you can do anything
+1

Love that!
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Stop being a worry wart, you moved from one side of the world to another, you can do anything

Originally Posted by Catchafire
+1

Love that!
+2 sometimes a little comment like that makes the day feel better, thank you x
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:04 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moonie2011

+2 sometimes a little comment like that makes the day feel better, thank you x

+ 1 more
Old Aug 15th 2013, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
I would turn to my sister and whisper in her ear so no-one else heard... Don't worry I'll be back next year!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:21 am
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say - "do not go back to nz shocked kiwi. You are europeanised now, in one year you will have a british passport, and you love travelling. Nz will handbrake you - you will feel more british than a kiwi and will feel like a stranger in your own country"

Last edited by shocked kiwi; Aug 15th 2013 at 6:24 am.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 11:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: If you knew then, what you know now...

Originally Posted by Purrball
What would you be telling yourself?
Short shares in Kwik Save.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:06 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't of listend to MrF who said:
"earth quakes are few and far between in Wellington there mainly in the South Island."
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:19 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a Tui ad!
Old Aug 17th 2013, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I wouldn't of listend to MrF who said:
"earth quakes are few and far between in Wellington there mainly in the South Island."
I wouldn't have listened to MrP who said: "earth quakes are few & far between on the South Island, they are mainly in Wellington"!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You are all mentals.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shocked kiwi
I would say - "do not go back to nz shocked kiwi. You are europeanised now, in one year you will have a british passport, and you love travelling. Nz will handbrake you - you will feel more british than a kiwi and will feel like a stranger in your own country"
+1
Old Aug 18th 2013, 4:15 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

i would never have registered on here...
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
i would never have registered on here...
Get away with you

'Bout time I got to view some more of your photos too.

'Bout time we bought you a pint at the Golden Bear.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

kitti is on a distinguished road

Go to Ikea, buy tons of stuff, everything you like, and put it in the container!