no
29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

if you could turn back time would you do it all again

Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: if you could turn back time would you do it all again

Originally Posted by Yotty
Is that because you can't fit into them Nerine?
Yes, I'd do it all again, but wish we had 20 years ago when first met Kiwi hubby! Men are so bloody stubborn ... 20 years of nagging ... could have all been so earlier!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Jan 11th 2008 at 9:28 am. Reason: Ooops, not concentrating - didn't mean to quote you Yotty!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:45 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiges33
if you had the choise to turn back time would you still emigrate to nz and why. or if not then why not
I love New Zealand and I am determined to stay here in spite of recent circumstances. I don't regret the move here at all but life here now isn't what I anticipated when I first emigrated. I still see my future here
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
I love New Zealand and I am determined to stay here in spite of recent circumstances. I don't regret the move here at all but life here now isn't what I anticipated when I first emigrated. I still see my future here
You'll be right mate ...
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:50 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You'll be right mate ...
To use that immortal Kiwi phrase.......'it's all good'
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:02 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

We would definitely do it again. It would have been brilliant to have done it years ago but I had to wait until my son finished university and I don't regret that for one minute. If it wasn't for my mother I wouldn't even think about going back for a holiday - or if I could do a 'beam me up Scotty' that'd be great. Pop in, say hello and leave again
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Archangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really nice

Wish we'd had the vision earlier and the wisdom to save more money, but life's very good here and as the Kiwi's always say 'Sweet as'
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I'd come out earlier on a working holiday visa and spent a year to enjoy it!

I moved out in October and am working, and while I spent about 9 weeks here in 2006 I'd like to not be having a career to enjoy the place more, if that makes sense, and 2 years til I can apply for residency will be a long haul I suspect, as much as its cool.

The thing I do regret is going back to the UK for Christmas/New Year so soon, it has really knocked me this last week since I got back, having 2nd thoughts and doubts all over again as really missing friends and family at the moment...

Glad to be here, I think....
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:24 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Damn straight you're staying! We won't let you leave now. Reggie Perrin.

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Wish I'd come out earlier on a working holiday visa and spent a year to enjoy it!

I moved out in October and am working, and while I spent about 9 weeks here in 2006 I'd like to not be having a career to enjoy the place more, if that makes sense, and 2 years til I can apply for residency will be a long haul I suspect, as much as its cool.

The thing I do regret is going back to the UK for Christmas/New Year so soon, it has really knocked me this last week since I got back, having 2nd thoughts and doubts all over again as really missing friends and family at the moment...

Glad to be here, I think....
You'll be right, mate. You coming on the 26th? Meet the rest of us lot.

As for us, I think the timing was just about right, we got a nice chunk out of our house in the US, right before the housing market took a nosedive, and Lauren couldn't be happier at school, so it's really been great for us!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:39 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yotty
Is that because you can't fit into them Nerine?
cheeky bu88er!!

no, they still fit I've kept a few for the sole purpose of embarassing the kids when they do the teenage fashion victim thing. Mind you...I could've worn them in NZ and passed myself off as a local no probs. (Here I'd get deported)

But would I ever emigrate to NZ again? .....
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Damn straight you're staying! We won't let you leave now. Reggie Perrin.

You'll be right, mate. You coming on the 26th? Meet the rest of us lot.

As for us, I think the timing was just about right, we got a nice chunk out of our house in the US, right before the housing market took a nosedive, and Lauren couldn't be happier at school, so it's really been great for us!
Yeah, planning on being there on the 26th!

Its still all new to me, and I am missing my friends and family again this week, probably more so than I did when I moved out last year, again thats probably because I knew back then I'd be going back to the UK at Christmas, will see how I get on now there are no return plans ahead I guess...