British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   if you could turn back time would you do it all again (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/if-you-could-turn-back-time-would-you-do-all-again-505241/)

smiges33 Jan 10th 2008 7:56 pm

if you could turn back time would you do it all again

if you had the choise to turn back time would you still emigrate to nz and why. or if not then why not

happynz Jan 10th 2008 8:01 pm

Re: if you could turn back time would you do it all again

There are lots of things that I wish had done differently, but moving here and getting residency hasn't been a mistake.

Heavenlyscent Jan 10th 2008 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by smiges33 (Post 5769990)
if you had the choise to turn back time would you still emigrate to nz and why. or if not then why not

No definately not, the 18months expereince was great, but just wasn't the right country to stay for the rest of our lives.

TeamEmbo Jan 10th 2008 8:05 pm

Yes. Very happy with our life here. Hindsight's great though so probably heaps we'd do differently. But overall we're happy with our choice, love where and how we live and have so much more free time to enjoy it all and are less stressed from the daily grind.

simonmarkellis Jan 10th 2008 8:27 pm

Absofu***nglutly, should have done it years ago...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Izzy and Ian Jan 10th 2008 8:29 pm

So what is it that you would do differently??

(we are not there yet and would love to learn from your experiences). :blink:

RobClubley Jan 10th 2008 8:47 pm

Definitely would do it again. But if I could go back four more years I would have bought two houses in Leeds like we nearly did, them come over here with less than half the mortgage.

Hindsight eh?

Andrew Cross Jan 10th 2008 9:18 pm

Yep, best thing we ever did for us and the kids..:)

teambwr47 Jan 10th 2008 9:21 pm

No way we'd change being here its THE best choice we've made as a family.

If i could change anything i would have made the choice to be here years ago and been here pre property/land price boom.....

Masses i'd change in life but those things are for other stories.........:o

Jac&Adie Jan 11th 2008 12:39 am

We just wish we'd made the move years ago. No regrets yet......

Adie

phil01 Jan 11th 2008 1:27 am

Originally Posted by smiges33 (Post 5769990)

We don't regret coming over, it's been a great couple of years and a great adventure but not the place for us to spend the rest of our lives.

Nerine Jan 11th 2008 2:00 am

I'm going back to my college years, they were fun!!! :thumbsup: :heart::beer::cake::kiss::beer:But there's no way I'm wearing those clothes again.

Scottish Family Jan 11th 2008 2:09 am

Not sure if we'd do it again. Its early days and the jury's still out for us. Weather's great but there's more to life than sunshine and sport.
The education system is the biggest concern - not great compared to where we came from in Scotland. Would hate to think we'd jeopardised the kids european university entry just 'cause we felt like having a bit of an adventure for a couple of years. Time will tell. :o

ScottishRose1971 Jan 11th 2008 3:28 am

With hindsight, no way. I'd probably have headed to Canada. Lot of if, buts and maybes... Not ruling out OZ in the future, seems to suit me better.

Yotty Jan 11th 2008 9:21 am

Is that because you can't fit into them Nerine? ;)