yes
70.45%
no
29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

if you could turn back time would you do it all again

Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of
Default if you could turn back time would you do it all again

if you had the choise to turn back time would you still emigrate to nz and why. or if not then why not
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:01 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: if you could turn back time would you do it all again

There are lots of things that I wish had done differently, but moving here and getting residency hasn't been a mistake.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smiges33
if you had the choise to turn back time would you still emigrate to nz and why. or if not then why not

No definately not, the 18months expereince was great, but just wasn't the right country to stay for the rest of our lives.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:05 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Very happy with our life here. Hindsight's great though so probably heaps we'd do differently. But overall we're happy with our choice, love where and how we live and have so much more free time to enjoy it all and are less stressed from the daily grind.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Absofu***nglutly, should have done it years ago...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

So what is it that you would do differently??

(we are not there yet and would love to learn from your experiences).
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely would do it again. But if I could go back four more years I would have bought two houses in Leeds like we nearly did, them come over here with less than half the mortgage.

Hindsight eh?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:18 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, best thing we ever did for us and the kids..
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

No way we'd change being here its THE best choice we've made as a family.

If i could change anything i would have made the choice to be here years ago and been here pre property/land price boom.....

Masses i'd change in life but those things are for other stories.........
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:39 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

We just wish we'd made the move years ago. No regrets yet......

Adie
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smiges33
We don't regret coming over, it's been a great couple of years and a great adventure but not the place for us to spend the rest of our lives.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:00 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going back to my college years, they were fun!!! But there's no way I'm wearing those clothes again.

Last edited by Nerine; Jan 11th 2008 at 2:05 am.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:09 am
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Not sure if we'd do it again. Its early days and the jury's still out for us. Weather's great but there's more to life than sunshine and sport.
The education system is the biggest concern - not great compared to where we came from in Scotland. Would hate to think we'd jeopardised the kids european university entry just 'cause we felt like having a bit of an adventure for a couple of years. Time will tell.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:28 am
Just Joined

ScottishRose1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

With hindsight, no way. I'd probably have headed to Canada. Lot of if, buts and maybes... Not ruling out OZ in the future, seems to suit me better.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that because you can't fit into them Nerine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.